CHAPTER 4

He stopped in his tracks and slightly looked at my direction

"You will know about everything..." he paused "at the right time..."

he walked out of the backstage, leaving me completely puzzled.

"wa-wait!" I ran after him "Sir! wait! "

The curtains flung open as I quickly ran through them. My eyes adjusted to the light of the sun as I look around to find him.

I saw his black hair shining in the sun as he walked away .

"Sir!" he didn't even glance or stop.

Someone tapped my shoulder, causing me to break my stare at my teacher.

It was Michelle, her eyes beaming at me "your name is Iris , right? "

I glanced back to sir... and to my surprise, he is... gone.

He is no longer walking in front of me, nor he can be seen anywhere. My attention was just like diverted for around 3 seconds then he is nowhere to be found?!

Weird.

"uhmm, sorry, did I get your name wrong? "

"oh, sorry, Michelle... " I shook my head a bit "I was just, erm, distracted. But, you got my name right. "

She is about five inches smaller than me, and has a petite body. Her features are asian, cute and somehow rare . We differ in hair types, she has black and lustrous locks that were neither straight nor curly, It's just... wild and thick, mine is platinum and wavy . And what struck me the most is, we have the same eyes, dark and black.

"uhmm, sorry i know this is weird, but, let me do something..."

she nodded reluctantly then I stared at her eye, they're black. I pulled a small flashlight from my pocket then put it in front of her eye, she moved a bit.

"oh my , I 'm so sorry... just trying to figure out something."

The light passed from my flashlight to her irises, a cloud of black slightly moved in her orbs then dispersed, making her eyes not change its color despite the light... same case with my eyes.

"cool eyes " I smiled "they're really black."

I know for a fact that naturally black eyes don't occur in humans. They are either wearing contacts or have a shade of really dark brown, but when light touches it, the brown can be seen.

But, in our case, whatever we do, It is black with a cloud thing that moves.

"people say they are creepy, like those in the horror films...kind of like the type you see on the ladies crawling in all fours out of a well."

"hahahahaha! true! we have the same eyes, mine is also black like the night ....whatever you do with it"

"really?!" she got the flashlight from me and lit it on my eye "oh yeah, gurl... there's also the black smoke in there! "

"so, do you also have ultra mega super duper 20/20 eagle's vision?"

"yeah it's weird, I'm the only one in the family that doesn't need glasses or contacts ".she frowned a bit "and my vision is crazy, I can like see little things like dust and somehow count them."

"well, I guess, we are mutants , girl! "

I cheered her up, noticing she was getting more serious about it

"well, for me, I can see things clearly and vividly even though they are really far! " The memory of Sir's eyes suddenly replayed in my mind but I shrugged it off. "oh by the way Michelle, how did you know me? "

"besides the reason you were after me in the auditions , you were great! Your dance was so cool! It's so out of the ordinary! I bet you will get in"

My heart fluttered at her compliment. A few people really stopped and praise me. It was just my family and Ceres and some teachers. And what really uplifted my spirit is it came from an awesome girl who did very well!

"thank you! you did great too! I watched you, and it is just so, intense and powerful"

"ugh, you don't know how many months I practiced that one! "

"well each nanosecond was worth it! "

then we laughed as we get inside the theater to get our stuff and go home together.

I can't believe I have a friend who is very much like me and someone who didn't judge me or make me feel threatened.

----------------

"do you think I'll get in? " I checked my phone again to see if the judges already texted me of the results.

"of course!" she hanged on to the window pane "I saw you, and you did great!"

"thanks Ceres " I raised my right eyebrow "but, you were not there, where were you reptile?"

"I was there! but, with my other friends. "

"you have friends?"

"of course, mammal. Ceres has friends , too. and they're all hot. "

"from what I know, reptiles are cold-blooded, so how are your friends supposed to be hot? " I can't help but grin when I am teasing her.

"well, Iris... you'll see it yourself, someday.." she then sent me a wink image in my mind

"I will never, ever, find snakes hot... you guys are cold blooded and ectotherms..."

she sent me a message she was pouting "anyways... how was your day, besides the auditions? "

"there's this new teacher who pisses me off, acting weird and feeling close to me... okay, let us not talk about him... I finally have a human friend!"

she smirked "you just have to be patient with that teacher of yours, because you will be spending more time with him in the future "

what?

"finally you have a friend! what 's her name?"

"Michelle " I beamed "and she is such an awesome dancer... and what actually amazed me is that we have the same eyes! Can you believe that? "

Ceres was silent for a while, as if she was shocked "how is it the same? "

" Our eyes are black whatever you do, even if you put light in front of our orbs, It will not change... instead, there will be a black cloud on it.. Ceres, you know my eyes! "

she crawled down and coiled around my wrist, the gesture she will do whenever she will say something important

"what is it, Ceres?" the coil around my wrist getting firmer, something was bothering her...

"just be with her... if possible, be with her at all times. Do you understand me?"

"yeah, she's my schoolmate anyway... why? what's up with her? "

she shook her head "I just want you guys to be super close. She is your first mammal friend, right? "

Agreeing with her was the easiest thing I could do at that moment, pretending not to notice anything suspicious. But, I could feel her distress and shock. Something is happening , and it has something to do with Michelle and our similarity...

We got to find out about it...