CHAPTER 3

I had to admit it, in the short span of time he was here, he already affected me in a way I can't explain...

The class is playing two truths and a lie as a form of introduction. My classmates are so absorbed in the game while my mind was wandering off to the thoughts of him.

My attention focused to him, his eyes, especially.

My eagle-like vision was an advantage as I observed his grey orbs , streaks of blue appeared at the edges. Dark , strong eyebrows, emphasized the charm of his eyes.

I mentally scolded myself, what's up with me and eyes?! and besides, I shouldn't be looking at him like he is a piece of art. This is school and I should be focusing on the lessons, not on the teachers, particularly attractive ones.

"Iris, I wonder what is in your mind..." a warm, velvet voice enveloped my senses.

I looked up and saw Mr. Raegan peering down at me.

"How-how did you know my name? "

Then the whole class roared in laughter. But, as long as i remember, I'm the only one he called by my name without asking for it first.

"Records." he simply stated with a semisarcastic tone "So, do you mind joining our game? "

I stood up , thinking hard what to say " uhmm, okay ".i took a deep breath "I love dancing. I love Art. I love Science. What is the lie? "

I was so confident he would choose the first , it isn't that obvious since I am meek and nobody really saw me dance except for some instructors and my family.

Without blinking he answered "You love Science. That is the lie. "

My mouth hanged open in disbelief "wow.."

"Sir! you are actually good at this! " one of my classmates cheered

He turned to the student and replied coolly "Let's just say, I'm good at judging people's characters, or intents. "

Then he returned to his table and slightly leaned on it while crossing his arms " My turn now to give you two truths and a lie "

the class went silent in anticipation

"I am already old. I have a tattoo. I am human. "

oh my god, seriously...is that a joke?!

and everyone roared in laughter "of course sir! the first one is the lie!!"

sir smirked humorously "oh, I thought It's not that obvious. "

then they laughed harder this time...

harharhar...concieted guy alert ...

Krrriiiinnnggggg

the bell finally rang, but, miraculously, no one stood up yet.

They were so into whatever sir was saying that they barely even reacted to the bell.

"So, that is all for today, class... tomorrow, we will be discussing cosmology. A new topic for some of you. But, I promise... It is going to be interesting..."

hmmm...cosmology? I don't think so...

I just sat there, not noticing everybody already dashed out of the room then I noticed something moving inside my bag, black with gold leaves on it...

"Ceres! what are you doing there?"

"came to support you! " my forehead creased into a frown "for what? "