CHAPTER 19

I landed face down my bed, exhausted and shit tired from all the eventful day.

Chase chuckled as I heard him crash on the couch. "Will you not even bother changing your clothes before you sleep? "

"Too tired for it. " I raised my foot with the stiletto still on. "Just remove this for me, though. "

"Hey, I'm not your slave! " I groaned and complained how tired and stressed I was. "Fine! fine ma'am. I'm going to happily and wholeheartedly remove your shoes for you. " The sarcasm was clear and strong his voice.

"Good boy. " My eyes were terribly heavy as I shut it. His fingers carefully unclasped the the buckle of my shoes then slid it off my feet.

"Goodnight, Irie... " he mumbled as he went back to the couch.

Silence filled the room until all I can hear was my breathing. My brain then went flying as it drifted to sleep. But, one thought awakened it, suddenly.

Edward.

I wonder if Edward is already asleep now? Can he even sleep tonight? How is he feeling?

Of course he feels bad, bitch.

I know, he feels bad. He's so good and kind to me. How can I do this to him? The image of his hopeless face and the sound of his defeated voice replays in my mind over and over again. The fact that he even tried to hide these as much as he can from me made the pang of guilt on my chest stronger.

I have to find a way to figure out my feelings, and to stay as true and honest to the both of us as much as possible. After all, I might have feelings for him. Maybe I just don't know.

But, what if I don't have? What if it doesn't turn out to be the way it should be? Why didn't and can't I jump onto his confession and tell him I feel the same way since I also like him as a person.

Thousands of questions and twisted thoughts attacked my clouded brain, but they all point to the same idea. The hard part is that it is not a solution, but merely a goal.

I don't want to hurt him, but I don't want to lie straight to his face in the future.

Yet, the hard part is, I can't bear to lose him either way.

I just bolted upright and sat myself up on my bed, wide eyed and crazed from all the thoughts. Chase opened his eyes and looked at me, confused.

"You're still awake?"

"No, I just have the extraordinary talent of staring at people while asleep, Chase. " I almost rolled my eyes.

"Of course I know. But an hour already passed and you're still up? I thought you were exhausted? "

I looked down and shrugged. "The body is weary but the the mind is alive."

He looked at me knowingly and nodded. He didn't mention Edward or what happened today but I know he understands me.

"Can we do something else? You know, to kill time? "

he smirked "wanna train now? " then laughed loudly at my scowl. "Just joking, I know you are stressed. What do you want to do?"

I stood up , noticing I was still in my long, flowing gown and he was still in his black dress shirt without his suit and shoes. He only had his socks on his feet and I was barefooted, well, we're pretty equal. I held my arms out for him as a signal for him to stand up. He obliged and towered over me and my "height ".

"So, you want to do a staring contest? Try me, I'm pretty good at it. "

"No. "I smiled "Let us dance!Since we both still are in our prom clothes."