Chapter 1

EXCERPT

Tonight the call came in about a woman being found at Platinium, a BDSM club. The police knew how popular the lifestyle was in Starling City, and how many citizens were involved, but nothing could be done. These were the private lives of the citizens of Starling City. The line was drawn in the invisible sand, and up until tonight, the line had never been crossed.

"Keep the roughness in the sheets so it's out of the streets," the Captain would always murmur when the subject came up. Well, it looked like the rough play in the bedroom had gone too far this time.

At the BDSM club doing crime scene work, Felicity looks over at the detective on the case. Isabel Rochev was new to Starling City, but had an impressive record with a few other police forces. Watching her work, Felicity came to a conclusion —she was going to convince the Cap to partner her with Rochev. Felicity just needed to find a clue or do something that would show him that she was serious and ready to move up.

Back at the station, Felicity decided to do some research on the collar that the victim had on. Putting the picture into the search, Felicity immediately got a hit. The dead woman was a Verdant girl.

Living in Starling, Felicity had learned the basics about the BDSM lifestyle. The collar is for a submissive and identifies the members of Verdant. Everyone in Starling knew about the famous fetish club. Owned by two of the richest men in the city, Verdant was known for being an exclusive club that valued discretion while; also allowing an open policy in terms of what play was allowed as long as both parties were willing. Any type of play you desired was allowed at Verdant in their private, and well-stocked rooms. Their VIP rooms were for the guests with plenty of money, and a sense of adventure. Felicity did not understand why people chose this lifestyle but to each their own.

Knocking on Lance's door and hearing, "Come in," Felicity entered the messy office.

"Cap, I have our first lead in the case. The collar she was wearing was an exclusive from Verdant." Felicity excitedly told Lance as she bounced up, and down on her toes.

"God, not Queen," the Captain grumbled. He then added, "Good job, Smoak," with simmering irritation.

Felicity did not come just to get an "atta girl." She wanted that promotion. "Have I put in enough time on the bottom rung of the department?" she wondered aloud in hopes of pushing Lance into giving her the promotion.

Lance looked over at the daughter of his best friend and sighed. Smoak was a hard worker who deserved to be on the case, but Noah would not want his daughter in the field. "Fine, you go with Sara to finish the CSI portion at Verdant, and tomorrow you will be the junior partner of Rochev." The smile she gave him was bittersweet for Quentin.

Captain Lance gave the newest information to the team then instructed them to go, and complete the sweep of Verdant. Oliver Queen will have to curtail his activities until the forensic team was done. Smiling smugly, Lance goes back to his office.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~  

Continue reading by clicking the external link below