Chapter 4

Oliver wanted to avoid this conversation with his sister. Unfortunately for him, Thea is not the type to let things go. She will hound him until he tells her about Felicity, so he may as well get it over with. Picking up his drink and taking a big gulp, he tries to be vague.

"Her name is Felicity."

Thea gives him a look that spells trouble. He tries to ignore it, focusing on the piano player, who is starting a new set after taking a break. People are finally starting to respond with requests and singalongs.

"Is she one of your play toys?" Thea doesn't let him shut her out and insists, being insightful as always. "She didn't look like one, but those are the only people you usually are with. She seems classier. Innocent, even."

Thea is not wrong. Felicity gives the impression of being as vanilla as they come, so Oliver can understand his sister's confusion.

"No, she's not a member of Verdant. I don't think she plays."

Oliver feels confident Felicity does not a indulge in the lifestyle, so pursuing after her would be a waste of time. Yet his kinky appetite is ever present, and the desire for an unattainable woman will never placate it. He should focus his efforts toward those who have unique and compatible cravings to his own. He watches the people around him, trying to spot known players. For him, the night is young. After Thea and he part ways, there are still many hours in which he can occupy himself with pleasant activities. However, his search is cut off with more questions from his sister.

"So who is she and where did you meet her? Why are you staring at her like a hungry bear coming out of hibernation?"

The attorney in Thea is coming out and Oliver feels like he is under cross examination right now. Those defendants must feel this pressure when Thea asks them questions. There's no doubt why she's an ace in court.

"I met her at Verdant because she works for the Starling City Police Department as a crime scene investigator. My contact with her has been very slight and I did not even know her name until tonight. Come to think of it, I still have no idea what her last name is."

"A CSI for the SCPD? Really, Ollie?" Thea shakes her head, feeling an equal amount of exasperation and amusement because of her brother's idiocy. Usually he's pretty clever, except when it comes to women. That's when he becomes the typical man who thinks only with his smaller head. "That is the woman you are obsessed with? Do you think that is wise to fraternize with who could send you to jail?"

"I'm not a criminal, Thea. I have nothing to hide."

"I know that, Ollie, but I hope you aren't being naive into thinking that Captain Lance isn't trying to find a way to make you look guilty. That's why he's harassing the club."

Yeah, Oliver didn't need to be a genius to figure that out. And while he didn't like the extra police presence in his club, he wanted them to solve the murders so no more subs were killed. Those women relied on complete trust in their Tops to find fulfillment, and this murderer was taking that away from him. It made his blood boil so he wanted to cooperate with police as much as possible, but he also understood his sister's concerns about Lance.

"You know how much he hates you. He'd love to lock you in a cell and throw the key away. As you sister and your lawyer, I recommend you to keep the distance from any member of the SCPD until they catch the killer." When Oliver shoots her a glare, she laughs, knowing that most likely he won't listen to her.

"She is too vanilla for my tastes, Thea. I don't know what you're trying to get at." Oliver just wants this conversation to be over quickly. Now, preferably.

"Please, Ollie, don't forget I saw you. This girl has your axis tilted. For what I saw, she is not interested in you or your particular tastes. You're totally consumed with her, and you wanted to kick that cute little guy's butt. You were undressing her, and who knows what else you were thinking of doing, with your eyes. You may have to resort to normal dates with this one. Won't that kill you?" Thea laughs at her brother's unamused glare as she pats his arm. Her crackles join to the cacophony of chatter echoing in the room, as nobody pays attention to the piano and the singing.

"Thea, as lovely as it is to be cross-examined by you, it's getting late. I wanted to stop by the club and check in with Tommy." Oliver is planning on working, but he is hoping that later a lucky sub will help relieve his headache and his jealousy at seeing Felicity walk out with the photographer.

After dropping Thea off, Oliver heads toward Verdant. As soon as he gets in through the door that leads to the back alley, he picks up his phone. Rejecting several of his contacts, he decides on one and dials.

"Tonight," he says in a commanding tone as soon as he hears a voice at the other end of the line. "Same place. Same hour."

************************************

Continue reading by clicking the external link below