Chapter 6

If there was something Felicity could give Oliver Queen and Tommy Merlyn credit for, it is that they know how to do things with style and efficiency. Despite the considerable crowd at the entrance of the club, the line of people wanting to get in grows quickly. Felicity is impressed with the suggestive, but stylish, decoration of the club. She can tell that for this event, they made the effort to top themselves from a regular night.

Felicity fidgets in line with her coat over the skimpy and silly outfit. Just like her, everybody is wearing coats. This Autumn night is particularly chilly, and Felicity knows how little protection those flimsy outfits offer against the cold. Besides, she's sure everybody is also avoiding getting arrested for indecent exposure.

When is her turn to enter the club, the doorman asks for her invitation. The guy is 5'8 and Latino. Felicity can't say that his expression is friendly, so she almost expects him to turn her away because he knows she is a fraud. She is surprised when he opens the door and ushers her in, with a cute smile softening his face. Making it through the first hurdle, Felicity now has her second fear to face as the girl inside asks for her coat.

Taking a deep, calming breath, Felicity opens the garment and the girl smiles in approval. "Love your outfit and you are really rocking it. Welcome to Verdant and I hope you enjoy your first time and come back often."

Felicity was grateful that she was welcomed so nicely by the staff, but wondered if she sticks out like a sore thumb if the girl knew right away that it was her first time. No turning back now, and maybe her naivety will help people open up to her.

******************************

Continue reading by clicking the external link below