Chapter 9

Laurel Lance is concerned. She expected Tommy to stay away for a day or two, but no longer. More than a week has passed without hearing from him. The daily visits to his mother continued, but he never even walked by her office. The triangle between her, Oliver, and Tommy worked before, that's why she does not understand the rules changing. It was well known that Oliver kept his feelings in check, remaining Master Oliver in all situations.

Although she hated that wall Oliver erected around his heart, Laurel was convinced that if she stayed in his orbit, he would eventually admit his love for her. Tommy usually is more amenable, but he is now insistent that Laurel abandons her quest for Oliver to be exclusively his. She is not in agreement with that idea, but it is now obvious that she needs to go to Tommy and soothe his feelings. While she is at Verdant, it would be rude not to visit with Oliver too, right?

Not finding Tommy in his office, Laurel's face forms a smile as she makes her way to Oliver's. Hearing their masculine voices, she slides next to the wall, where she can listen without being noticed.

"Ollie, that collar was the same one you had made for Felicity. How can that be? I saw it clearly when she pulled it out of the evidence box. Felicity was devastated when she looked at it."

Laurel stood perfectly still, absorbing what Tommy said and eager to know what Oliver thinks about that.

"I am aware," Oliver snaps. Laurel is surprised hearing how ticked off he sounds; that's not like him. However, her surprise turns into envious rage when she listens to Oliver's next words. "No matter what I have to do, I cannot lose her. She won't answer my phone calls or texts. Being positive that she would submit, I texted her. I told her to come to the VIP room, but she ignored my summon. Gradually, I changed from giving her commands to asking her, but that did not help. In my last text, I asked her to dinner, and this is the reply I got back."

Laurel wishes she was a fly on the wall so she could see what the reply was. A laugh followed by a soft "sorry" by Tommy made her more curious.

"Truly, Ollie, I'm sorry. She has spunk. I don't believe I have ever seen a sub send a message like that ever. Totally props to her. No wonder so many of our Tops are attracted to her, especially Tasha." Tommy's joking reply is cut off by a loud growl from Oliver.

"You are not helping, Tommy. She is mine. I already made that clear to Tasha. Felicity belongs to me."

With every word that Oliver says, Laurel's jealousy and resentment grow. During the time they were Dom and sub, Oliver never talked about Laurel with such possession. This is the kind of claim that she wants him to have for her, but never received.

********************************

Continue reading by clicking the external link below