Fault Lines

~* F a u l t L i n e s *~

"Love to faults is always blind, always is to joy inclined. Lawless, winged, and unconfined, and breaks all chains from every mind." ~ William Shakespeare

________________________

All rights reserved. No part of this publication may be reproduced, distributed, or transmitted in any form or by any means, including photocopying, recording, or other electronic or mechanical methods, without the prior written permission of the publisher, except in the case of brief quotations embodied in critical reviews and certain other noncommercial uses permitted by copyright law.

________________________

Summary:

Even though he couldn't see me, it seemed as if he was staring right into my soul. The man in black had done something to his eyes- I could tell- and he could no longer see anything.

But he had pinpointed exactly where I was- curled up in the cold corner of the dark dusty room. My face was puffy and red from crying and my arms shaking.

"Who are you?" I ask slowly, barely a whisper.

He gave a sideways smile, his arms draped over his knees while he sat on his bed.

"Just call me November."

***

.

Hazel's 16th birthday has finally come around. Celebrating with her family and her boyfriend, Derek, she believes nothing could go wrong on such a wonderful night. But was she wrong. Hazel is put to sleep and dragged somewhere by the man in black- far from civilization in a dark and dingy cellar. But she isn't alone. Tall, blind blue eyes and golden hair, November is mysterious and also a captive like her- except he has been there for more years than he can remember. Every few days their kidnapper takes them and tortures them, and they never know when he will do it. As Hazel starts to realize she is falling in love with November, she realizes he might be holding some of his own dark secrets. Is he really hiding something, or is she just on the brink going insane?

.

*** | PG-13 | Sexual content and mild language ***

** Unedited **