Chapter 1 ~ Present

Chapter 1

I was taken from my old life. I couldn't protest, I couldn't fight. I was swooped into a life I didn't deserve. Or did I?

November didn't deserve it, he was also taken. But how long ago? He could've been here his whole life.. Not knowing anything better than what he had been through. He doesn't tell me much about his past because it still haunts him. I tell him stories of my past and memories- the good ones.

Every time he seems to drift off, his blind eyes seeming to envision my life and he smiles the whole time. I even make up stories to make him happy.

November has told me of other people-- people that also used to be here. But he doesn't tell me about them ever. Only that they died during one the man in black's 'experiments' and he is the only one that survives them every time.

I don't know why he doesn't tell me about them, but he just doesn't. And it makes me think something had happened in his past before me.

I'll tell you a little background.. I had had a boyfriend, his name was Derek. We had been together for two years before I was taken. I had a loving family, a younger sister, and an older brother who was in college. I was the middle child. I went to school and had a few close friends, not to many.

I had dark brown hair that fell to my waist, and I had been growing it out for years. I had pale green eyes and ivory skin. I read a lot, played a lot of sports. I could never chose just one, because I had to try all. Softball, basketball, volleyball, tennis, and track. After I finished all of those my freshman year, I never went back to sports again.

So, now you know a little about me.

And you'll meet the new me.

The one that realizes how good I used to have it. And the one who realized that the blind can actually see a lot better than the ones who can.

***

April 3rd - Before

My sobs were muffled by the choker over my mouth, only clogging my tears from dripping down my face. The grip of the man behind me on my wrists were intense, and I knew they would be bruised in a day.

He led me down a dark hallway with dim flickering lights and unknown liquid oozing out of the corners.

I wondered if I was ever going to come back this way, or die at any second.

Why me?

It was my 16th birthday, and I had been taken away from my life. He walked on for a few seconds, finally stopping in front of the darkest door in the hallway.

He ruffles for his keys while still holding on to me, dropping them once.

I try to take the advantage and kick him in the shin, but he holds his grip and flings me into his leg. I yelp and suddenly hear the door opening fast- followed by a rusted screeching in the latches. The man in black throws me into the room and I land in a heap on the concrete floor. My sobs get louder as he swings the door back closed, leaving the room in a very dim light that hung numbly from the ceiling.

A soft echo bounces off the dirty walls as the door is locked from the outside. I stifle a cry and cover my mouth- backing up to the wall. A voice made me nearly jump out of my skin.

"What's your name?" The voice was male, and sympathetic.

My eyes dart around the room- and I catch sight of glowing blue eyes in the dim light. How had I not seen him?

It was a boy- probably twenty something- with blonde hair that curled at the ends and stuck to his face. His clothes were tattered, wearing a white shirt and ripped sweats. He had strange marks all along his arms.