Chapter 4 ~ Past

Chapter 4

December 15th - 4 Years Before

|| November POV ||

"November! Wake up!" I feel my eyelids dragging themselves open, and smell the rose-scented air I've grown accustomed to.

"What is it, Lily?" I sit up, feeling the sheets on my bed.

"It's Harrison. He wants us to go to the room." She whispers- her voice on edge.

I feel the tension in my muscles tighten, and I grip the sheet beneath me. "What?"

"He wants us to be there in 60 seconds." Lily pulls on my arm and guides me out of bed.

I've only been blind for a few months, but I'm always still staggering around trying to adjust to my new life. I had been taken and brought here only three years ago- when I was 14. Now I was seventeen, and Lily sixteen. She came a month earlier, and I already loved her so much.

By the way her feet shuffle across the cement, I can tell she's anxious. At least that's something I've picked up. She leads me through unknown hallways until I finally feel the space that was tightening around me loosen, and the air becomes cooler. We've moved into a bigger room- the room I will always hate.

I can smell the horrid stench that comes from Harrison, and the fading metallic smell of blood. Lily holds onto my hand tight, her palms starting to sweat.

"Lily, come forward." Harrison growls from a few feet in front of us.

I feel her start to loosen her tight grip on my hand and I tighten mine.

"No, Lily.. It's-"

"It's okay, November. I'm just following what he wants." She pulls away, her voice wavering. I can tell she is scared.

"Good girl, come on." I hear Harrison leading her farther off and I take a cautious step forward.

"Lily-"

"Hush November! Stay there and don't move." Harrison barks, and I halt where I was.

Panic started to settle in the pit of my stomach. I couldn't just stand there, but I also couldn't risk Lily getting hurt for my actions.

I hear a bed waver and my ears are alert.

"Come now, November." Harrison beckons me forward.

I walk slowly forward, feeling for anything in front of me.

"Ha, sucks to be a weakling now, doesn't it? I'm glad I punished you when I could." Harrison laughs, making me even more angry than I was.

I finally make it to a bed, feeling the firm cold railing that surrounds it.

Something is placed near me, and I reach out and grab what feels like a knife.

"What do you want from me?" I ask, hearing Lily whimpering before me. "What did you do?"

He laughs evilly. "Poor little November, I'll tell you." I feel his dirty hand on my shoulder.

"You have to kill Lily."

My knees buckle beneath me and I collapse on the floor.

"No.. No.." I clutch the knife in my hand. "I can't.."

"Get up and walk." Harrison kicks me from behind and I stagger upward.

Lily screams beneath what sounds like a choker in her mouth as I walk around the bed.

"Go on, now. This is it." Harrison watches behind me.

"Lily, I'm so sorry. I didn't know-" I stop and catch a breath- one that will help me stabilize myself.

He pushes me forward and I grip the edge of the bed.

"I'm sorry." I say.

"I can't do it."

I turn around and fling the knife away, disgusted. Behind me Lily thrashes around with horror.

Harrison growls and throws me down.

"You do not disobey me!" He yells, kicking me in the stomach.

I shove my foot forward in hopes of getting him, but I only manage a side hit in the shin.

"You will pay by listening to Lily die a slow death." Harrison grabs me by my shirt and drags me around to the other side of the bed.

He straps me down next to Lily on a hospital bed and I hear him grab a new knife off of his shelf.

Lily cries beside me, pleading with me.

I was hopeless, and I only brought a worse death upon her because I was to much of a coward to do it myself.

I heard Harrison dragging the knife along somewhere on her flesh, and she lets out a blood-filled choke. I close my eyes, like it could do something but continue to hear her screams.

Sometime later Harrison leaves, torturing her by barely letting her live to die from loss of blood. The rest of the night I fight against my bindings, my mind overwhelmed by her cries and moans.

I didn't save her.

I might've not physically taken the knife and killed her..

But because of my choice.

I killed her soul.

And she will remember to haunt me with her dying cries for the rest of my unforgivable life.

A/N: Yay! A November POV! I hope u guys liked this one.. It gives an insight on Lily who will be named in the next chapter and you found out that the man in black is actually named Harrison! Again, vote, and comment and stuff! It helps a lot and I love to see who's reading my book :D ~ Auna <3