Chapter 15 ~ Present

Chapter 15

May 16th - After

I clench my teeth as Harrison straps my wrists down in a chair. It was made of metal, and the cold surface touched the back of my neck and arms. My stomach churned and I watched his every move, my heart beating rapidly. He had knocked me out during our trip here, since I wouldn't stop fighting him even with my injury. I woke up only minutes ago, before realizing I was in a metal chair. Fear gnawed at me, and made me tremble.

He walked around me slowly, intimidatingly. He pulled up a cart that had several sizes of knives on them, and a pair of gloves. Harrison takes them and shoves them on his hands, his expression hard.

"Do you know what happens to the girls that sin?" Harrison says, his eyes glowing.

I shiver, and strain against bindings on my wrists. When I don't answer, he takes a knife and slams it down right next to my ear. I feel blood oozing out of a cut, barely missing the side of my head. I close my eyes, praying that I will get out in one piece.

Harrison pulls it away, holding it in front of him. "They get punished."

He slams his open fist into my stomach, making me jolt up. I scream, clenching my teeth. The pain is excruciating, and I fight the urge to heave.

"Pain is inescapable, girl." He spits, pulling away for another shot.

The second one is worse, and I kneel down as far as I can- tears falling down my face and a painful growl escaping my lips. He smiles happily at my expression, and gets bored of the punching.

"November was just like you, a fire that burned in his heart and kept him from giving up. He continued to fight with me, until he realized that I was unbeaten. Just after that stupid girl Lily died right in front of his eyes." Suddenly a bark of laughter escaped him, and he holds his stomach. "I take that back.. He heard her die."

Hatred boils in my veins. If I wasn't strapped down, I swear I could kill him with just my fists. November had never given up, he just didn't realize it. There is a certain beauty in blindness, and he showed it perfectly.

"November is a far greater person than you could ever be," I growl, keeping my eyes leveled with Harrison's.

He smirks evilly. "Oh, really?"

I feel my heart pounding in my chest, and gulp down a sliver of fear. "Y-Yes."

Harrison walks around my chair, so I have to crane my neck to watch him. His steps are heavy, bouncing off the walls in slow motions.

"How do you know November is really all that innocent?"

His question burns in the back of my head, something I've forced myself to forget about. I had never really asked November things about his past, and didn't really plan to. I didn't really know what kind of person he could've been, or maybe is already. Sudden fear builds in my chest and comes up my throat. The air escapes me, and I gasp for breath.

"Forget about him," Harrison says, snapping me out of my mental fight. "You have a price to pay for your sins."

With that, he fumbles for a small pocket knife on top of the table, and clicks it forward- bringing a shiny blade into view. As he brings it down into my wrist, I squeeze my eyes shut.

Suddenly, I gasp as he slaps me painfully across the cheek.

"Watch me, you bitch! You deserve everything I do to you!" He yells, his eyes the color of fire.

I don't dare close my eyes again, afraid of what he could do to me. He takes the knife and cuts into the inside of my left wrist, drawing a line down the center. Next, he draws a line across it, forming a cross. I wince as blood pours from the cuts and into my lap.