Chapter 16 ~ Present

Chapter 16

May 24th - After

I finished telling a memory to November, my body flush with his. My cheeks are hot and my skin tingles where we touch. I bury my face into his side, his skin tickling my nose.

"Your stories remind me of before," November says, a small smile crossing his face. I run my fingers across the soft bumps and curves on his chest, sighing.

"Yeah, well.." I say. "I'm a pretty damn good story teller."

With that November leans over and starts to tickle me. I yelp and start laughing, trying to pry his hands away.

"Stop! It hurts!" I giggle, half meaning it.

He finally stops, but holds me in place. I can't seem to look away from his bright blue eyes, and keep them locked with his. My stomach does flips and my heart threatens to burst out of my chest. November pulls me to straddle him, our faces inches apart. I close my eyes, anticipating the moment. Heat rushes to my face as I feel his lips graze mine, but the moment it happens we jolt away at the sound of the door unlocking.

Harrison calls for us, barely stepping in. I had moved to the edge of November's bed, half of my myself dangling off the side. I stand and guide November steadily to the door and out into the corridor. My side presses into his, and I chew on my bottom lip.

Harrison takes us to our bathing room, letting us in. He hadn't let us bathe the last week, since I had made quite a show, so I was eager to bathe finally. Before I could step in, Harrison stops me, his gaze cold. I shiver and look up at him, protectively covering my stomach. He leans down and places the words into my ear.

"Careful what actions you may take, girl." A painful crack explodes in my stomach from his fist, and I fall to the floor with a yelp.

He smirks, and shoves me the rest of the way in, locking the door behind me. November is at my side in an instant, his hands on my shoulders.

"Hazel, what happened?" His voice is unsteady and scared. I grip onto his wrists.

"Stomach.." I gasp. "He punched me in the stomach."

I couldn't even pull up my shirt to look at the bruise, but I knew it was going to be there.

"Oh, well.." November says, helping me sit up. "Do you need help?"

I turn to stare at him, and see the innocent look I've grown accustomed to. Looking down at the hem of my shirt, I pull on it only to immediately go back into a ball, the pain unbearable. The whimper that escapes my lips informs him.

"You can always take one next week, it doesn't-"

"No, I need to anyways." I say, feeling my cheeks grow hot. "I just need help with my.. Clothes." I force the words from my mouth, feeling helpless.

November's gaze hardens, but he simply nods. "Okay,"

I help him find the hem of my shirt and he lifts it up quickly, getting it off my body. I'm able to get my pants down to my knees, and November pulls them off the rest of the way. The only thing I make myself do is get off my underwear, even thought the pain makes me whimper in pain.

Once I've successfully stripped, I crawl along the tiled floor to the nearest shower while November strips himself. I reach up shakily and manage to turn on my shower, wincing as the hot water comes into contact with wounds. For a moment, I let my face be cleansed and my body and hair to be soaked with water before I try for the shampoo. My fingers barely graze the ledge, and I cry out in pain, falling on the floor.