Chase Elliott

Here's to mendesriches
I hope you enjoy!!!

I pursed my lips as I unclipped the scanner off my jeans and sighed. Alan gave me a soft, sympathetic smile. "We'll get 'em soon." He tried to assure both Chase and me. Since I had unclipped my scanner and removed my headset I didn't heart Chase's response. I didn't need to. I know how he felt.

I climbed down the ladder and walked down to the infield care center, waiting outside by the doors because I didn't want to get in anyone's way. I glanced over all the interviewers waiting for Chase to come out and sighed as I leaned against the building. When the doors did swing open, I mustered up a small smile as I walked over to meet him. He gave me a sad smile as he met me halfway.

"Hey, Nikki. Sorry I couldn't get you to victory lane." He huffed and I pulled him into a hug.

"We'll get there soon." I smiled and he hugged me back, squeezing me gently. "And when we do, we'll celebrate all day, night, week, month, year. It's that well-deserved." I teased and he chuckled softly against my neck before he pulled back and pressed a soft kiss to my forehead. "After your post-race interviews, we can go back to your motor home and just enjoy the rest of the day."

"Unlikely." He mumbled into my hair because he thought I wouldn't hear. I did, of course.

"William Clyde Elliott II, are you seriously doubting me?" I asked as I pulled away, sliding my hands up around his neck and into his hair. He smiled down at me and shook his head.

"Nah, of course not, Darling." He laughed and pressed a soft kiss to my lips. An interviewer behind us tapped Chase's shoulder. He pulled away, his face hard as he kept his arms around my lower back. "Need something?"

"Possibly an interview?" He asked with a hopeful smile. Before Chase could respond I pecked his lips and grinned.

"I'll see you at the motor home." He sighed and let me go. I walked away, glancing back to see him watching me while he talked, still looking disappointed but a bit happier. I entered the motor home and flipped on the TV. I sat on the couch and waited patiently for him to return. 

He didn't take long before he returned and threw his hat on the counter with a sigh. He ran his hand through his hair as he unzipped his firesuit. "You look comfortable." I smiled softly and nodded.

"Join me."

"Give me ten minutes." He bent down and kissed me gently, his hands cupping my cheeks as he did so. 

"Hmmm, five. Five minutes," I argued and he narrowed his eyes as he pulled away.

"7.5 and I'm yours." He winked and I groaned loudly.

"Fine. Times ticking...." I glanced down at my wrist and shrugged. He laughed softly and disappeared in the back, changing and showering. He didn't take long and when he returned, he was wearing only sweatpants and was carrying a blanket out. He plopped down beside me and sighed as I curled up into his side. He enveloped us both in the blanket and pulled me to lie down beside him. "You know, there is a bright side to this."

"If it's I get to spend more time with you, I get it, Nikki. You've got a lovely sense of humor that I adore, but I'd honestly like to lie here and cuddle with you without NASCAR in mind." I blushed and tucked my head under his chin while I set my arm on his bare chest.

"I wasn't going to say that. I was going to say you don't have to be cooped up in a hot car for hours on end. But I guess that works too." I grinned and he laughed and set his hand on my hip. "You'll get a win soon. And if you don't, I'll love you just the same." I joked and he laughed softly and pulled me closer.

"Boy am I glad to hear that." He joked making me laugh.

"Oh my gosh, shut up. You know I would." I snickered and he nodded.

"Of course. Of course." He nodded and I rolled my eyes with a wide smile. "Thanks for somehow being there for me after yet another terrible race." He exaggerated his words and I laughed softly. "You're always there."

"Of course I am. Always."

I wasn't sure where to go with this one but I think it turned out all right despite it being shorter than I'd expected. Cliche and fluffy but I think if Chase were being all cliche with me, I'd die of happiness. But anyway, I hope you enjoyed <3