Chase Elliott

Requested by ravenkicks.. so, hey, just a reminded, if you've requested, please DM me and remind me! I lost my notes and have had a lot of requests lately. DOn't wanna forget anyone! Thanks for the request, girl! Hope you enjoy!

~~~

He stared me down, brown eyes glazed slightly as his shocked expression fell to the carpeted floor. I bit my lip nervously, twiddling my thumbs. Anxiety washed over me so quickly, worry fulfilling me. What if he doesn't want to be with me after? What if he hates me because of this? When sparkling brown eyes met mine, I suddenly relaxed. He pushed himself off the couch he sat on across from me and gently pulled me to my feet.

He enveloped me in a tight hug, breathing softly against the side of my head as hs strong arms kept me close. "Are you sure? The National Guard... wow." He breath huskily.

"It's what I want to do. I'm sure." I nodded. It was evident he was shocked by my seemingly sudden decision. The truth is, it's been on my mind for... hell, years. I've wanted to, but just as I began taking the steps toward it was when people began finding out. I worried most about what Chase would think. He pulled back and brushed a strand of my hair back, smiling softly.

"If you're sure, and if you really want to... Okay." 

"Okay?" I asked nervously and he nodded, sighing softly.

"Okay. I'll support you. We can... We can do this. You and me, we'll get through it." He laughed softly, shaking his head. "Damn, my girlfriend keeps getting hotter and hotter." He leaned down, kissing me softly. His hand found my hair as mine looped around his neck, pulling him close. When he pulled back, he rested his forehead against mine, his thumb gently brushing soothing circles on my shoulder. "I don't know how I'll function worrying about you all the time."

"Yeah. I'm addictive." I clicked my tongue and he snickered, pecking my lips. "I love you. Thank you for supporting me."

"I love you too, baby. I'll always support you." He kissed my forehead before holding me back in his arms tightly.

~~~

I am now getting ready to deploy for my combat unit. Its strange. I'm more determined than nervous, but more anxious than happy. I'm also unbelievably nervous and worried to leave Chase. Being wrapped up in his arms every night is the most safe I've ever felt in my entire life--and I'm not sure how I'll function without him. I've grown accustomed to having him there and leaning on him, and yet I'm leaving him for a potentially dangerous circumstance. He still stands there, so supportive with all the love he can muster for me. That means so much.

So here I stood, dressed in anxiety as I held his hand. The day before I deploy for my combat unit. We were sitting at home, both of us on the couch. He promised me it'd be just us, and it was. After a gorgeous breakfast in bed, some simple conversations and a nice lunch out, and now dinner in. He cooked, which truthfully wasn't so bad. Now, we're watching a movie, but I'm rather sure both of our minds were elsewhere. 

"Babe..." I breathed nervously, looking up to him. He looked down to me and gave me a soft smile, bringing my knuckles to his lips before gently kissing them.

"I'm so proud of you." He whispered softly. I smiled softly, leaning into him with my head on his shoulder.

"I'm gonna miss you so much, Chase." My eyes glazed over and he squeezed me as close as he could.

"I'll miss you too. But I can promise you something.... I'll call, text, and facetime when we can. I'll even write letters the old fashion way." He smiled and I laughed softly. "It's a more intimate way of communicating."

"Oh, the romance is real. I adore it." I laughed and closed my eyes.

"I know. That's how I came up with it." He teased and I shook my head with a smile, squeezing his hand in mine. We sat together for a while longer, the movie long since finished, and soon, I found myself leaving the man I loved so dearly.

~~~

I got off of the plane smiling widely as I dragged a suitcase behind me. I just was released after a long time away, eager to see Chase. I rushed by all the people meeting up with loved ones, excited to see Chase. He's waited all this time for me. He loves me. And I still cannot believe that, and I can't believe he's waited for me. As I rushed pass the people, I heard my name being shouted. When I whipped around to see who it was, my eyes lit up and I knew it.

Chase beamed at me, smile so wide his eyes crinkled at the corners. His brown eyes were so bright. He was rushing to me, excusing his way through the crowd. I grinned and ran to him, dragging my suitcase behind him. "Chase!" I squealed as I ran to him, his arms opening just in time as I ran into him and jumped. He caught me, squeezing me close as we both burst out laughing.

"Miss me?" He teased, my eyes glazing over as I pulled back, him setting em back down. I grabbed his face, kissing him multiple times as I cupped his cheeks. He laughed and pulled me back into a hug, squishing me against him.

"Of course! Of course I did, oh my gosh, I missed you- I love you!" i laughed, pulling back. He smiled and grabbed my shoulders, pushing me back a bit.

"Okay, okay. Then... listen."

"Wha--"

"No, just.. listen." He grinned, licking his bottom lip. "When you told me you were going in the National Guard, I knew this is how I was going to welcome you home. I actually planned it the day you left... so, yeah." he paused and laughed nervously. "Obviously I'm nervous about it. But um.... bare with me. When I met you, my first thoughts were how perfect you were. You laughed at my nervous joke that wasn't even funny, and your personality was so... so attractive. But that wasn't what I noticed first... I noticed first how hot you were, but I figured if I said that first it'd make me sound douchey, and that's not how I wanted to sound." I laughed softly, covering my mouth as the realization hit me like a ton of bricks. "I love you.... I love you so much with everything in me. My family loves you, my friends love you... and you're my family. I want you to be my family." When he dropped to his knee, I burst into tears and felt my heart skip. "Will you marry me, my beautiful baby girl? Will you spend the rest of your life with me? Raise children with me? Will you marry me?"

"Yes! Yes, yes-- oh my god." I squeaked and threw myself at him, squeezing him so close. I buried my face in his shoulder, tear after tear falling. He hugged me back, holding me flush against him. "We're getting married!" I squealed and pulled back, him sliding the ring on my finger. I gasped, finally getting a  good look at the jewelry he got me. The band was gorgeous, pretty designs engraved on it, three diamonds as the gem. It was gorgeous.

"We're getting married." He laughed, sniffling a bit before wiping the tears off my face. He cupped my cheeks and pulled me in, kissing me deeply. "God I missed you. My beautiful, beautiful fiance." I laughed and bit my lip, eyes darting to his lips.

"When is a good time for kids?" I teased and he groaned.

"Why not just start now?" He said sarcastically. I laughed and pulled him back into a hug, my thumb brushing the engagement ring that fit my finger perfectly. 

"I love you, Chase." 

"I love you too, Mrs. Elliott." He breathed, kissing the side of my head. I beamed at this, blinking away the tears as my future fell impossibly easy into my lap. I love this life, this man, and my present and future so much. I wouldn't have it any other way.