Love Triangle - Ryan Blaney | Chase Elliott: PART TWO

A part two heavily requested... Hope y'all enjoy, BowlingGirl12 and oksydneyy an others!!

~~~

The short time period that it took for the boy to come over was shocking. Ryan was right at her side, profusely proclaiming his sorrows and love all at once. He spoke a billion hours an hour, but she only laughed softly and hesitantly smiled as she lead him to sit down nervously.

Elena wrung her hands as they sat, Ryan falling silent as he anticipated the worse and hoped for the best. "So... I think that um... I want... you and me... I think that..... we work well together. I want— uh, I want us to maybe be more."

"Wait..." a beat passed. Her heart jumped. "W-What do you mean? You want.. to go out?"

"I mean, only if like... only if you think—"

"Um, yes!" He jumped to his feet with a broadly beaming grin. Her green eyes lit up as relief and excitement as she too rose to her shaky feet. "Yes, oh my gosh, Lena, I won't let you down. I will... I'll spoil you and love you— eventually!"

She nervously giggled as she bit down on her bottom lip. "Ryan, I know." Somehow, their hands were intertwined and neither quite knew which person initiated it.

Later on a in the week, they were connected at the hip. Every joke made they'd laugh in sync, hands would intertwine and subconsciously would move closer— and while this was adorable to them and others learning of their new relationship, it was a smack in the face to Chase...

Who found out and seemed wildly shocked and hurt— especially as he walked in on a kiss. Elena jumped back from Ryan and behind him as if she were trying to hide from the situation as a shocked Chase stared at them with big, hurt brown eyes.

"S-sorry, I didn't mean to interrupt." He paused, clearing his throat as his deep southern voice pierced the tension filled garage. Ryan anxiously licked his bottom lip, reaching behind him for his girlfriend to pull her up beside him.

"Hey man. We actually were gonna tell you soon... we Uh—"

"Are together, yeah. I see that." He paused, hesitating as he lifted his hat with one hand and ran the other through his dark hair as his eyes fell to the floor. The couple in question were both clearly worried for the mans reaction—

After all, there had been numerous fights about the very girl who had chosen another man over himself— his best friend at that. Chase wasn't upset for them as that would entail hostility toward the girl he'd developed feelings for. It was inevitable, she had to chose between them. He wanted her to be happy.

Granted, he hoped he would be the one to make her happy, but it's all the same.

"I'm happy for you. I'm gonna— I'm gonna find Eddie. Congratulations." He then spun on his heel and exited with his head hung low and hands shoved into his blue and white fire suit. Elena let out a short, harsh breath as she turned to her boyfriend.

Their eyes met, a shared breath of relief and unspoken words were shared before they joined hands and moved in the opposite direction as a defeated William Clyde Elliott II.

—FOUR YEARS LATER—

"Ryan! I swear—" she heard as she rounded the corner. The curly haired man jumped up with wide eyes, both hands behind his back as his youthful replica stood the exact same way— only his mouth was covered in Cheeto dust. "We agreed, Ryan!"

"I have no idea what you're talking about." Ryan deadpanned, shrugging his shoulders as he blankly blinked. Elena shook her head with a playful smile as she entered the NASCAR themed bedroom of her son's, gently lifting the two year old. She brushed the crumbs off his chubby face and sighed as Ryan suddenly dropped his innocent facade and rushed forward after dropping a half empty bag of Cheetos behind him.

"Babe, you're not supposed to lift." He mumbled as he gently took their son. Elena huffed as she placed her hands on her hips and shook her head.

"Relax, you goof. He's my son— I'm not forfeiting the time he isn't talking back to me." She teased before leaning up and pecking her husband of two years' lips. "Dinner is almost ready and your sidekick is on his way."

Ryan gasped as he looked down to Myron, he young teething toddler with his hand in his mouth as he gazed at his father. "Hear that, Buddy? Uncle Clyde is on his way!"

"No more junk food. Got it?" Elena asked as she turned to exit— half expecting him to follow.

"Yes ma'am..." only when she exited, she heard the bag ruffle. She only rolled her eyes as she gently placed her hand over her rounded stomach, feeling unmistakable flutters and kicks.

She smiled softly just as a knock sounded on the door. She turned to open it, only for a speeding Ryan with Myron on his shoulders to come rushing around the corner making airplane noises with the babies piercing giggles and squeals radiating through the house. Elena rolled her eyes with a beaming grin as she began to place dinner out, watching the three boys rush to the couch to play video games.

Some things never change.

To think, a handful of years ago they hated each other and were fighting and crying about everything— and now, they sat on the same couch, best friends once again.

Chase as Myron's God father, Ryan's best friend, and like an uncle to their child. Ryan racing Chase, who has the baby on his lap allowing him to press buttons despite it clearly ruining his shot at the virtual win.

Yes, things things never change— but some do. And some... well, they're for the better.

Elena, Ryan, Myron, and sweet, unborn Skylar Blaney we're living, breathing examples of good changes. And Chase was proof a bad situation with a loved one doesn't have to be permanent.