Ryan Blaney

WARNING: Long, unedited, bipolar, and contains some "language" such as "Hell, damn," etc. Don't make me put warnings like this-- it's too tiring

Ryan swung our arms back and forth as we walked up the beach together, hand in hand. He had just brought me out to eat at a fancy restaurant just outside of Las Vegas. We had flown in for the NASCAR banquet, but Ryan promised me repeatedly he wanted to make this trip about me. I didn't understand, but I didn't question it either.

The last few months he's been getting more and more eager and anxious. At first I thought it was just the close of the season was getting to him, but lately he's been acting so strangely, especially now that the seasons over. I never asked because it truthfully didn't seem to put him in distress, just gave him excitement. It was adorable watching him hop around, smile, and then randomly hug and kiss me.

We'd been dating for a while now, so long I can no longer count the days. He's my best friend that I fell in love with at the wrong time, but for all the right reasons. There's not a day I regret not walking away when he first kissed me the night I realized we were a bit more than friends. And I know that applies for him as well.

"Cheyenne, look at this." Ryan pointed out at the water. I gazed out at the lake and smiled softly as the soft gust of wind whipped my hair around. The sun had just about set, seemingly the whole world a pale black with the bright moon casting a glamorous haze over the water. The ripples of water reflected the moons shapes, causing a kaleidoscope effect that spread throughout the large body of water. The smell of a faint fire at a camp made the moment sink in; it made it perfect.

"It's gorgeous." I smiled wide, pulling myself closer to Ryan. I wore a flowy dress that might have been a bad choice considering it was a bit chilly, but it was enjoyable nonetheless. Ryan and i ditched out shoes at the cute fencing up by the lake's beach entrance and we rushed down to the sand before any rangers could stroll upon and find us, telling us that our perfect evening were to be cut short.

No, Ryan had better plans. 

"100% taking this moment to turn everything corny as hell. Not as gorgeous as you, baby girl." He teased, smiling with strange, mischievous glint in his eyes.

"Yeah, somehow I knew that was coming." I giggled, tucking my hair back behind my ear and gazing down at our feet. All the sudden, Ryan stopped walking and grabbed my other hand, holding them both as he grinned down at me. "Okay, what are you up to?" he hesitated before answering so I narrowed my eyes. "Please don't push me into the water."

"Damn, nice to know I've built up a questionable reputation." He muttered as he rolled his eyes playfully. I laughed as I watched him closely as he let my hands go and bit his lip. 

"Seriously, what're you up to?" I asked. He stayed silent for a minute before he inhaled deeply, scratching the side of his head as he let out the breath, though it was shaky. I frowned slightly, going to ask if he was okay but he had already began to speak.

"Cheyenne... when I met you, I... I was shocked. How the hell could a person be so kind, considerate, and passionate even during the hard times? How the hell could a person forgive so much, and trust so deeply. How could I fall madly in love with a girl who I know could have anybody, and most of all... how the hell could she love me back?" he laughed, pausing as he continued. "I'm not gonna lie, I didn't ever think for a minute I'd be with anyone else except for you. Over the past couple years, I've learned your every quirk. I love your quirks, even if they're cheesy, and corny, and dorky. I've fallen in love with not only you as a person, but your smile, your laugh... Your cute accent that's faint but there.... your walk and tender, passionate adoration you have for people; good and bad. I've programmed myself to search for you in crowded areas, to listen for your voice... I look forward every night to waking up to you, and look forward every morning to going to sleep by your side. I can't imagine it any other way, and I refuse to." He paused as he reached inside his pocket, going down on one knee.