Chase Elliott

Possible trigger warning! For _khloemarie. Hope you enjoyed! Thanks for requesting and being patient! xx

Khloe is sitting on the floor, tears rolling down her cheeks. Her dad was in the other room, screaming at her mother again. This time maybe it was about the bills. Or the car. Or maybe the alcohol again. Or maybe it was her. She didn't know. But with each striking word, each angry, threatening comment that escaped his lips it hurt more and more.

It was like each word pierced her heart. And what made it worse, was her phone was sitting on the floor beside her. His face... her best friend's face was there. Smiling at her. Almost assuringly. Except she was there. She was another thing willing Khloe to open the bottle. 

She had only ever told her older sister her true feelings. Her sister was older than her, able to go out and explore the world. She didn't know her father had turned back to alcohol. If she did, she'd get Khloe the hell out of that house. But that was just another secret layered on top of all the lies. Khloe's sister knew about her affection for her not single best friend/crush. And little did Khloe know, she told Chase that her baby sister had feelings for him--and she was in a bad place.

Chase sat on his motorhome couch, his phone in his hand. He was in Khloe's home state-- actually, her house was less than a half hour away. He could get in his truck, see her... talk some stuff through. Make sure she's okay. He could do that and still get back to the track in time for the race. 

Then again, Kaylie would notice his disappearance. She'd ask questions. He knew his girlfriend disliked his best friend. Partially because one time when Blaney was drunk, he asked Chase "Well, why isn't your girlfriend your best friend?" Yeah. Kaylie hated that.

Especially when Chase refused to answer.

Saying to hell with it, he called Khloe. It took a long while for her to answer... almost until the call ended. "Hey! Uh, just wanted to call and see if you're gonna come watch the race tomorrow." He cleared his throat, awkwardly scratching the side of his head. On the other end, Khloe covered the microphone so Chase couldn't hear her dad's screaming or her sniffling.

"No...." She said softly, flinching at he scratchiness of her voice.. It was so evident she was crying. What Khloe's sister said to him invaded his thoughts and he stood.

"Khloe, I'm not messing around anymore. Are you okay?" He sighed and he could hear her get choked up. Faintly, her could hear yelling.

"I can't do this." She choked out, finally sobbing and crying. Chase's face dropped and he grabbed her jacket before walking out. Just as he did that Kaylie walked by with a frown. 

"Babe, where you--"

"Store, be back." He told her quickly and she frowned as she watched him get into his truck. "You can, Khloe. I know you can.... You home?" He asked softly, putting her on speaker and starting up his truck. He backed out of the track quickly, waiting for her response.

"I never get to leave, Chase. He don't..... He doesn't stop. Just just--" She stopped as she heard glass break outside. She froze in her spot on the bathroom floor, the pill bottle in her hands.

"Khloe, you're fine. I'm gonna come over, okay?"

"Why?" She whispered, barely audibly. "Where's she?"

"Who? i don't know who you're talking about." he played it off. "I'm coming to see you."

"D-Does it even matter anymore?" She asked and he sighed, pulling down the road and speeding.