William Byron

I gasped as William's car all the sudden jerked into the wall causing him to spin back into the track wall. Sparks and smoke flew while the other cars tried avoiding Will's car. When he finally skidded through the grass, he dragged to a stop and his window net immediately went down. I shook my head with a frown and sighed loudly. 

When William climbed out, I could tell he was pissed. He threw his gloves into the window and unbuckled his helmet before throwing it inside the car. The paramedics led him to the ambulance. I stood up, preparing myself to head down to the infield care center from Will's motor home where he had insisted I stay.

Just as I slipped on my sneakers, my phone buzzed from its spot on the counter. I walked over and frowned when I noticed it was a text from William.

Don't bother coming, I'm not doing any interviews. I'll be there in ten minutes.

I sighed and set down my phone. Lately, William's luck has sucked. He's either crashed, been wrecked, had terrible pit stops, or had something wrong with his car. He hasn't finished any better than 24th for the last lot of races.

It's taken it's toll on him and me. Most the time he just asks me to let him deal with it. But sometimes he just gets angry and tries to take it out on me. Not that he usually does, most the time he stops himself and just gets upset. Which is what I'm assuming is going on.  

And if he does take it out on me, we make up immediately after.

He always says he's not doing any interviews, but then he feels bad for declining so he comes back 20 minutes later.

So I sat down and waited for his interview. It did come, though it was short. Not five minutes later, he swung open the door and threw down his cell phone. I stood up with a sympathetic smile as he angrily ran a hand through his blond hair.

"Hey." I smiled softly, unsure of how to help.

"Hi." He responded curtly. I opened my mouth to say something else but he cut me off by slamming the door. "I don't get it. Why does this keep happening?" He snapped and turned to face me. His eyes met mine, looking so disappointed and so upset. "Why me?"

"I don't know Will. You've just gotta keep on moving on." He scoffed and shook his head.

"No, you don't understand it, Katie. You really don't. You can't offer advice to me when you don't understand." He muttered and shook his head. I crossed my arms over my chest and raised a brow.

"I don't? Really? I've traveled to all the races I could with you this year. I've seen you win, lose, wreck... I've seen you so upset you ignore me for days and I've seen you so angry you scream at me. I've felt the same disappointment, because I'm right here. I'm right here with you. I'm here for you, okay?" I sighed and shook my head as he frowned deeper and slouched his shoulders. 

"I'm sorry, Katie. I know." He sighed and bit his lip as he looked out the window for a brief moment. "I just..."

"I know." I said softly and offered him a soft smile. I walked over and wrapped my arms around his neck. He immdiately hugged me back, tucking his face in the crook of my neck. 

"I don't deserve you." He whispered and I smiled softly and pulled back, interlocking my fingers around his neck. I met his eyes and smiled. 

"Oh, please." I laughed and shrugged. "I know I'm great." I winked. He laughed, showing his dimples. I couldn't help but grin as he leaned down and gently kissed me. When he pulled away he gently kissed my forehead. "Now let me work some girlfriend magic."

"Can your magic at least hold off until I shower?" He asked with a raised brow and light smile. I laughed and pulled back.

"Sure. Considering you kinda look like you just climbed out of a batch of french fries." I winked. He scoffed and set his hand dramatically on his chest.

"Do not." I shrugged and leaned over, pecking his lips.

"I still lova ya, dork." I teased and he laughed.

"Course ya do, sweetheart." I shoved him toward the bathroom and he laughed. "Okay, okay, relax." I rolled my eyes as he went into the bathroom and shut the door. I shook my head with a small smile and sighed. How he can jumped from being pissed to being adorable I'll never know.

I plopped down and changed the channel on the TV. Neither of us will care who wins the race anyway. I flipped through the channels boredly, waiting on William. All the sudden, arms wrapped around me and shoved me on my back on the couch. I gasped as William shoved me down on the couch with a wide grin. He straddled my hips and pinned my hands down above my head. His hair was still wet and messy and he only wore sweatpants. 

"Excuse you?" I laughed and he grinned. I narrowed my eyes and shook my head. "I swear to god, Will, if you tickle me, I'll--"

"Be forced to laugh? No kidding!" I glared and he smirked. 

"William--" All the sudden he dropped my hands and started to tickle me. I burst out laughing and squirmed beneath him. My stomach hurt, cheeks ached, and voice grew scratchy as I laughed and yelled at him. I threw my head back, trying to shove his arms back but he didn't stop. "Please!" I laughed. He stopped and grabbed my hands, lacing his fingers through mine and pinning them up above my head while I caught my breath. I grinned up at him and let out a content sigh. "Have I ever told you you're pretty decent looking?" I teased and he rolled his eyes.

"No. Have I ever told you you're the most gorgeous person in the universe?" He asked and I looked up, pursing my lips.

"No I don't think you have." I smiled. He grinned and bit his bottom lip.

"Well, you are, Katie." He sat up and pulled me with him, tucking me under his arm gently and kissing me ever so gently.

"You're cheesy, William." I smiled and he grinned and shrugged.

"I'm good with it. You?"

"Um, yes. Tell me more." I laughed and kissed him gently.

A/N chaselliott I am so very sorry this is late!! I had an unexpected date with the ER, which is also why it's not the best and pretty short.... I'm really sorry!