Me or Her? - Link

Requested by FEGirl

Enjoy~ (Sorry if it's a bit short)

(After Ganon, Mipha is a ghost)

Link and I have been dating for a few weeks now. I know it hasn't been that long, but I still love him. Since I do, I wanted to get to know him better. I asked him a little bit about his old love life. 100 years before I came along.

He told me about one Zora girl named Mipha, and apparently that she had a crush on him. Quite the large one at that. Link told me that she was one of the Four Champions, the Zora Champion. She piloted Vah Ruta, one of the four Divine Beasts. Finally, she was one of the best spearwoman to ever be recorded in history. She was a princess, the daughter to the King Dorephan. 

Comparing her to me, she is a gem to a grain of sand. I'm not an experienced fighter like she was. I'm not royal, let alone a lesser noble. I'm simply a commoner. I'm no fighter. I'm no Champion. Link was the appointed Knight to the princess. The Hylian Champion. He deserves better than a simple commoner than me. 

I sat with my head in my hands, eyes dried with no emotion. I could only think that I wasn't good enough. I tried to distract myself by thinking about how lucky I am to have Link as my significant other, but my mind only continued to dwell on the past. 

Couldn't I at least be a good fighter?  I thought. Link has been helping me practicing my fighting, but I get so frustrated. Maybe I can try spearmanship. Like Mipha.

I sighed in frustration. It was always back to Mipha. I picked up a fistfull of grass and attempt to fling it off the hill I was sitting on. But that doesn't happen. The wind just blows it back in my face. 

"UGH. I've honestly had it." I felt like breaking down. Eventually I was crying in tears of frustration until Link saw me.

"(Nm)! What's wrong?!" He fretted. "Why are you crying?" 

I attempted to push Link away from me. I didn't want him to see me weak, crying. I want to be strong like Mipha, so I can atleast be good enough for Link. 

Don't cry more, don't cry more, don't cry more, don't cry more... resonated through my head. Only when I felt a warm hand on my shoulder did I break down even further. I let out an animalistic grunt in frustration from him seeing me in this state. 

"Hey, (Nm). Can you tell me what's wrong?" He said in a hushed tone.

"Do you think I'm good enough for you?" I managed to sputter out through gritted teeth and tears.

"Why wouldn't I? You're honestly perfect," He said. Lies. I can barely fight, I'm a commoner and probably the most ordinary person you'd ever meet. "But I think there's more to it than that. C'mon. Tell me what's wrong."

I wish he wasn't so good at reading me...

I told him everything. 

"It's Mipha. You—you deserve better than me. You deserve someone like her. I can barely fight, let alone being the top of my class. I've never done anything special to do with saving the world. Like you or her. I'm not royalty, let alone am I even recognized through my old village. She was extraordinary. I'm only ordinary. If someone like her liked someone like you, you clearly deserve better than my boring old self." I finally said. 

There was silence. Of course, he's probably thought about what I've just said and realized that I really am just a mediocre, old person.

"That's bokocrap. Don't say that. I honestly couldn't ask for a better (boy/girl)friend. I'm no longer a champion. I'm only a knight. You are the most amazing person I've ever met. I'm didn't pilot a divine beast. I'm not royalty. I would have stayed with my life before I became the princess's appointed knight." He whispered to me. 

"What about my fighting." He never mentioned anything about that.

"Your fighting? You're doing excellent so far. I love teaching you. You get better as every day passes, just like my love for you." I knew he was smiling.

"That's extremely corny." I joked.

"Wha? Hey, I worked hard on that." 

"Pfft."

With that, Link placed a small peck on my cheek.

"I love you, (Nm). Always know that." 

"I love you too, Link."

Oh god the cringe. Hope y'all liked that. Next two requests are Revali x Readers, so I hope you like Bird Angst and Bird Fluff.

:)

LATER PALONKS. *RONNY OUT*