Sick - Sidon

Requested by LeHylia

Just before the story commences: Holy heck how the hell did I get 16K reads that quick??????????? Like, thank you so much. I LOVE YOU ALL. (See Julia, people like this crappy fanfiction.) Also, Ruta has been appeased. 

"Please tell me again how this happened?" I ask Sidon who's dragging himself up the blue crystal stairs to the Rutala Dam.

"I was swimming as far as I could go down the river because I had a day off, and I felt like exploring. So I went as far as I could with the river and I ended up at the Great Plateau. And the river there—The River of the Dead—really lives up to it's name because it's so cold," Sidon pants as he throws himself on the ground. The walk up the stairs was too much for his sick old self. Literally, he's like 120 years old. Then again, that's pretty young for a Zora.

"C'mon," I help up the tall Zora. "Let's get you lying down. Sleep is good,"

Sidon simply concurs. Not saying anything, he sits himself down on the bed that is somehow right next to the dam. But it's an easy place to take care of him.

"So you went into extreme cold and ended up the same temperature as the water. Well, I guess Zora can't go in extremely cold water?" I shrug. "But next time, I recommend not doing that," 

"Clearly," Sidon coughs, flopping himself down on the bed. "Well, what are you going to do now? I'm lying down," 

"How about you sleep. One always heals better when they're asleep," I say. The Zora coughs in response, closing his tired eyes. Poor thing, he's quite sick. 

~Flashback~

I'm walking through the Lanayru Wetlands, not really thinking about where I'm going. I'm thinking about random things, like muffins or that odd face I saw in the sky near Death Mountain, but a call from the water snaps me out of my thoughts. 

"Hello? Are you by chance the healer (Y/N)? We're looking for (Y/N)," the voice asks. I look around to find a red Zora woman running towards me. 

"Yes, that is me," I say. I guess one could say I'm a pretty good healer. I've been studying it my whole life. At my words, the Zora's eyes light up. 

"Oh, please! You must come with me! We need you at Zora's Domain. It's very important. Prince SIdon is sick," The Zora panics.

"Ma'am, please calm down. I can come. I'm not doing anything right now," I grab onto the fretting Zora's shoulder, her flinching at my touch and sighing. 

"I'm sorry, I'm just worried about Sidon. Everyone loves Sidon, and I'm in the Sidon fanclub, so we're all really worried. Particularly his father, King Dorephan. Besides, this was the King's request that we find you,"  She takes deep breaths, calming down each time. 

"King's request? I guess then I should come. Besides, I do want to meet Sidon," I say the last part to myself. I've heard he helped appease Ruta, so that's even more intriguing. 

~End Flashback~

Since I am left to only monitor Sidon for now, I let my thoughts wander. They always end up going places I don't understand, like back to Sidon's face. He's a very peaceful sleeper, apart from the occasional raspy cough. 

"(Y-Y/N), I don't think I can sleep. I keep coughing and my throat is annoyingly sore. Could I possibly have an elixir for it?" He asks. It doesn't register in my mind that Sidon is talking, because when he asks what I'm staring at, I jump. I was staring at Sidon. Yeah, I've come to the conclusion that he is quite good looking for a Zora. They're generally very elegant, but dang, Sidon. I see why that Zora that I later found out to be named Tula is in the fanclub. 

"Yes, you can. Of course. Cough elixir, hey?" I trail off into a mumble as I search through my satchel of premade basic elixirs I have for this occasion. 

Sidon watches my hands the whole times waiting for me to pull out the elixir. Finally, I find it. He looks up expectantly as I dig it out. 

"Here, have this," I hand Sidon the small vial of blue liquid. It has a bittersweet smell, like lemon with a touch of honey. He downs it in one swallow. (My mind needs to get out of the gutter.) 

"That better on your throat? You shouldn't cough as much now," I say as he hands back the now empty vial. 

"Yes, thank you. That does feel much better. I don't know if I really want to sleep... I'm a tad bored," Sidon sighs, looking down at his feet. His feet are kinda small for how tall he is. 

"Uhh... The only thing I can think of that hopefully isn't too boring is to talk?" I suggest, shrugging. Something about him makes me want to get to know him better. Perhaps what he's like when he's not sick?

"That would be quite nice," He smiles a small but toothy grin. Emphasis on toothy, because dang those are some sharp and shiny teeth. "Well, where did you learn to study healing?" He asks.

"Ah, that's an interesting question. No one really asks me that, seeing as I don't usually talk to my patients too much. But I learnt from my grandmother. She was actually a student of the Zora champion, Mipha," I say, looking off into the water.

"Mipha, you say? I didn't know my sister taught healing," Sidon says quietly. His sister was Mipha? Oh crap, I didn't know that. I know she's not alive anymore, so this is extremely awkward. 

"From what my grandmother said, she was a very nice girl. She also spoke about her little brother a bit too," I don't think my grandma knew her brother was Sidon, but I should have known. They're both royalty. 

Sidon is only quiet, staring at the blue ceiling. The Zora certainly like their blue. But I notice that there's a small tear in Sidon's eye. He still hasn't gotten over his sister. If I lost a sibling, I don't think it'd be easy for me either. 

"You miss her," I say quietly.

Sidon nods a bit and blinks out some tears.

I can't just let him cry alone... so I hug him. I don't care he's sick. I don't want to see him crying. Sidon, to my surprise, doesn't try and push me off, but rather sticks his face in the crook of my shoulder and cries. He's been holding it together for so long. The poor old fish.

"It's okay," I mumble. "Mipha is still here. Ruta is right on the mountain," 

"But it's not her," He replies, his voice shaking with tears. He continues like this for a while until he tires himself out to the point where he's asleep in my arms. Now that I say it in my head, that sounds completely different from what is actually going on. The thought makes me–I hate to say it–blush. I lay him back down properly so he can sleep. The tired old bean needs some sleep if he's so sick and sad. But I can take care of him. 

I feel determined. 

Oh good lord, I actually started crying a bit writing this. I'm a mess lol. Sorry if it went a little off topic. I got carried away o.o'

Also, I'm not sure about that terrible end lol.