Chapter 八

3rd P.O.V

Stiles was in front of the window, looking at the full moon nervously. He would cast a lot of glances at Kylie, who's eyes were their Werewolf color and wanted nothing more than to get out and find the Alpha, but she knew she had to stay there unless someone said so.

"I can't take waiting around like this, you know? It's nerve-racking. My nerves are racked. They're severely racked. Ra-a-acked." Stiles kept repeating very quickly.

I think his nerves were racked. Not sure though.

"I could beat you unconscious and wake you when it's over." Peter proposed from where he sat, throwing a ball to the cub so she wouldn't run out.

Kylie ran after the ball, took it with her mouth, ran back to Peter and gave it to him. This process went on over and over again.

"You think Erica's really dead?" Stiles asked, turning around to face Peter.

"You think I really care?" He said not moving a muscle as he lay on the couch except for throwing the ball.

Stiles ignored that and kept going as if he didn't talk.

"I just... I don't understand the bank though. Okay? Wha... like why wouldn't they chain them up in some underground lair or something? They're an Alpha pack right? So shouldn't they have a lair?" Stiles rambled.

"They're Werwolves not bond villains." Peter rolled his eyes, taking the ball from Kylie's mouth, trying not to touch any saliva.

"Wait a sec." Stiles suddenly said. "Wait a sec. Maybe they're living there you know? Like, maybe the bank vault reminds them of their little wolf dens." Stiles concluded, walking over to the big hole in the wall.

"Wolf dens?" Peter asked exasperatedly.

"Yeah wolf dens. Where do you live?"

Peter decided to humor himself.

"An underground network of caves hidden deep in the woods."

"Wow, really?"

"No you idiot. I have an apartment downtown." Peter snapped at Stiles.

Stiles rolled his eyes.

"Okay fine, but that still proves that there is something up with the bank. And why wait around for the full moon, huh? Why not just kill them whenever they want to?" The human asked.

"Maybe they think it's poetic?" Peter shrugged.

"They've had three past full moons already to be poetic." Stiles spat at him.

"And yet you've only had one full hour to be so annoy-" But Peter stopped there and his eyes widened. Stiles' words seemed to click something in his mind. The change in her game partner made Kylie drop the ball and tilt her head to the side. Stiles hadn't noticed though.

"No, go ahead, finish what you were saying." He tried to provoke. "I'm an... I'm annoying. What were you gonna say there?"

Peter got up, out of the couch.

"What are the walls made of?" He suddenly asked.

Kylie ran and jumped on Peter's back. 

"What? Uh..." Stiles narrowed his eyes as he looked above him. "I don't know, like, wood and brick or..."

"No, the vault, the vault." The uncle cut Stiles off. "The walls, what are they made out of?" Peter moved to the schematics on the table. "Where would it say that? Doesn't say anything." He searched through the blueprints. "Where-where would it say the materials, the type of stone?"

"Oh, hang on." Stiles went to his bag and got out the rest of the files he printed of the bank. "Here, it's gotta be in there."

They moved through the papers until Stiles pointed at one of the blueprints.

"There! That's it!" He exclaimed.

Peter read it over.

"Hecatolite." He muttered.

Kylie scrunched up her nose and whimpered and Stiles' eyes widened.

"Is that awful? It sounds awful." He asked.

"Get 'em on the phone." Peter said to him urgently. "Call them, now!"

"Okay, why?" Stiles asked reaching for his phone.

"Because Boyd and that girl aren't going to kill each other. They're going to kill Derek and Scott." Peter said.

Stiles quickly dialed Scott's number and luckily, the latter picked up.

"Stiles, now is not the best time." They heard Scott say through the phone.

Peter kept Kylie away from the phone as she kept trying to reach for it.

"Scott! Scott!" Stiles called out before Scott could hang up. "No, listen to me, okay? Look, you gotta get out of there! Look, the walls of the vault are made of a mineral called hecatolite. It scatters moonlight!"

"What does that mean?" Scott asked worriedly.

"Look, it keeps the moonlight out, okay? They haven't felt the full moon in months!" Stiles cried out.

"Think of it like the gladiators in the Roman colosseum. They used to starve the lions for three days, making them more vicious. More out of control. Deucalion has kept them from shifting for three full moons, diminishing their tolerance to it." Peter explained.

Kylie whined some more, but was completely ignored.

"Scott, they're going to be stronger!" Stiles cried.

"More savage, more bloodthirsty. Scott, they're lions. They're the starved lions and  you and Derek just stepped into the colosseum." Peter threw in.

"Derek, we got a problem, a really big problem." They heard Scott sat through the phone followed by a growl.

After that, all they could hear were growls and fighting. Stiles kept yelling Scott's name, but with no luck. Then, the line went dead.

Not long later, Kylie suddenly perked up. She jumped off of Peter's back and ran to the window. Unknown to the other two in the room with her, she had heard a scream. A powerful, feminine scream. Her head snapped towards the door.

"Kylie?" Stiles warily asked.

Peter straightened up and took a small step towards her, not making any sudden moves.

"Kylie, don't move." He calmly said.

But little claws and fangs came out of her mouth and fingers as she let out a snarl and bolted out of the door, going after the smell of Scott, Derek and two other scents which were bloodthirsty from the full moon.