Chapter 十三

3rd P.O.V

The school bus drove on the desert road with Coach Finstock looking out at the passing scenery with a glum look before he turned back and quickly blew his whistle.

"Back to your seat," he said to the student that was standing to look at the scenery too.

"Look, I need to study these, just shoot." Scott weakly said.

"Okay," Stiles sighed and looked at the list. "Kindle."

As Scott was about to answer, they boys heard a giggle. They both froze and turned to the bag at their feet.

"Wait, is that....?" Stiles trailed off.

He bent down and unzipped the bag, a little head popped up and grinned at them.

"Kylie!" The two boys exclaimed.

The little girl was supposed to stay with Melissa McCall while they were on their trip. Apparently, she had sneaked in Scott's bag that morning.

"Well, shit." Stiles sighed.

Scott groaned, both in pain and in annoyance.

"My mom's gonna kill me," he said.

"Stilinski! Why is baby McCall in the bus?!" Coach yelled, seeing her now siting next to the boys.

Stiles' eyes widened. "Uh, she sneaked inside Scott's bag, Coach," he said.

Coach went to say something, but stopped himself and frowned. He hummed to himself. "Interesting," he muttered before looking up front again.

Stiles, Scott and now Kylie were sitting over at the back of the bus together. Scott was absentmindedly staring out the window while Stiles was scrolling down the screen of his tablet. Scott's mind was lost in the memories of the previous night.

"Yo, Scotty. Hey, yo, Scotty?" Stiles said before snapping his fingers at him to bring him out of his daze, then he felt his sister's fingers poke him. "You still with me?"

Scott rubbed at his eyes. "Yeah, sorry. Uh, what's the word?" he quickly asked.

"Anachronism," Stiles read out to help Scott with his resolution to be a better student which he was determined to still follow.

Scott sighed. "Something that exists out of its normal time."

Stiles nodded. "Nice. Okay, next word." He showed Kylie the tablet and she pointed a word. "Good one. Incongruous."

"Uh... can you use it in a sentence?" Scott asked as he was drawing a blank.

"Yes, yes I can. It's completely incongruous that we're sitting on a bus right now on our way to some stupid cross-country meet after what just happened. Incongruous," Stiles finished.

"Out of place," Scott answered. "Ridiculous, absurd."

Stiles nodded again. "Perfect. Okay, next word, um... Darach." Scott went to give him a look. "Darach, it's a noun." Stiles finally turned to see the look Scott was giving him and he turned away. Stiles rolled his eyes. "We have to talk about it sometime, okay? And we are going to be stuck in this thing for like five hours, so why not?" Scott just sighed and moved to rest his head against the glass window. Stiles gave up and made Kyle chose another word. "Next word, Intransigent," he said.

"Stubborn, obstinate," Scott answered.

"Stiles," Kylie said, giggling as she used his name to describe the word.

But then the bus suddenly hit a bump and Scott painfully flinched. Kylie whimpered and rubbed her head, carefully on Scott.

"Whoa," Stiles said as he noticed that Scott was reaching for where he was wounded. "Oh, buddy, you okay?" Scott just grit his teeth in pain and Stiles started to shake his head. "We shouldn't have come. I knew it, we shouldn't have come."