Chapter 十七

3rd P.O.V

The hospital was a madhouse. Everywhere you looked there were orderlies and nurses running around or someone seriously injured sitting about or leaning against a wall groaning. Melissa McCall was helping an orderly wheel in another patient on a gurney.

"Okay, keep pressure on it. The doctor's on her way," she gently told the woman on the gurney as she held the bloody wound above her waist. Melissa then began yelling. "And does anyone know where Dr. Hilyard is?!" She helped move the gurney for the elevator and then turned around to see Scott walking in with Kylie in her arms, holding a bag of food in her hand. "Oh, thank God," she mumbled before going over to them. "I'm starving," she said taking the bag from Kylie, kissing her on the forehead. Scott just stared at her before she realized what she did, or didn't do, and turned around to hug him. "I'm sorry. I'm sorry. Thank you for bringing me dinner."

Scott smiled as he separated from her. "Is everything okay?" he said looking around at all the activity.

"Except for half the accident victims in a ten car pile-up being rerouted here from downtown and the E.R. attending not answering any of his pages, yeah, I'm okay," she said all in one breath.

Scott narrowed his eyes. "What does not answering pages mean?"

"It means that nobody can find him. So now we have to wait for the on-call to get here."

A woman started to walk up to them. "Miss?" she cringed.

"Yes?" Melissa asked her.

"Excuse me, can I kind of please have something for the pain?"

They looked at her to see that there were parts of her blouse that were dark with blood spots.

"Okay, I'm sorry. I know it must hurt but actually giving you something could complicate things. So," she then started to help her into a chair. "We really just need to wait for the doctors."

"Okay," the woman cried.

Kylie frowned and looked at the sad lady in pain as she walked to her seat. She wiggles in her brother's arms as he continued speaking to their mother. Scott put her down, getting that she wanted to go somewhere. She shyly walked over to the woman. The woman looked at her and tried her best to smile through the pain.

"Hello, there," she hoarsely whispered.

"Hi," Kylie also whispered, shyly rubbing her feet together.

Then she looked up and made grabby hands at the lady. The lady frowned, but picked her up, ignoring the pain. Once Kylie was on the woman's knees, she leaned on her shoulder.

Scott turned around, when he didn't feel the little wolf's presence near him. He spotted her sitting on the woman that was in pain. He saw the woman's shoulders settle and her face actually softened as she looked over at the little girl, confused but grateful. Kylie was healing the woman.

"Someone... someone help me!"

That made Scott and Kylie snap free from their thoughts as they looked over at the entrance to see Ethan helping Danny into the hospital. Scott quickly got up and moved to help Danny. Kylie smiled at the woman before jumping off of her lap and running to them. The woman watched her go with a calm smile on her face.

Kylie's mother pointed to an empty chair for them to take Danny. "Okay, gentle, gentle, gentle!" she said as they tried to gently sit him down.

Scott then moved to grab at Ethan. "What did you do to him?!" he spat.

Ethan pushed his hand away. "Nothing. He said he was having chest pains and trouble breathing but it... just getting worse." Kylie frowned and grabbed Danny's hand. Her nose crinkled and she smelled a foul odor.