Chapter 十二

3rd P.O.V

Harris was overseeing lunch time detention where there were six students partaking. He then began assigning them their tasks and would be grouping them in pairs.

"The two of you will wash all the boards in this hall," he said to two students before moving to the next two. "Re-shelving the Library," he assigned them. Then he made his way to Allison and Isaac. "Restocking the Janitor's closet."

Isaac widened his eyes as he spared a look over at Allison who didn't look any bit happy about this either. He got up and went for the chemistry teacher. "Uh, Mr. Harris, does it have to be with her?" he tried to whisper but Allison could hear what he said.

Harris just smiled at him. "Now that I know you prefer not to, yes. You have to be with her."

Isaac sighed and sent an annoyed look Allison's way. "Great," he muttered.

Isaac and Allison moved into the janitor's closet and began to start working but made it so that they weren't looking at each other more than they had to. But Isaac was finding it hard to do as he couldn't just stay still and look at one thing for too long in this room and was incessantly fidgeting.

Allison noticed how tense Isaac was and felt that it wasn't because of her. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah," he gasped out. "Just... not a big fan of small spaces." He then moved to quickly start restocking the shelves to diminish his time in there.

Allison began to clean one of the shelves and spared him a look. "Can I ask you a question?"

"Do you have to?" Isaac asked as he kept shelving supplies.

She shrugged. "I guess not. I'll ask anyway. Did you tell anyone that I was at the school the other night?"

He narrowed his eyes. "Was I supposed to?"

"It would make me really happy if you didn't," she said to him.

"Yeah? Well, you being happy really isn't a big priority of mine. Not since you stabbed me... twenty times, with knives," he added nonchalantly.

"Uh, they were actually Chinese ring daggers, but... sorry," she couldn't help but correct him.

He sent a smirk her way. "Was that- Was that an apology?"

She gave him a look. "Would you accept an apology?"

Isaac gave a chuckle but it was cut when the door to the closet slammed shut behind them. And then the lights went out. Isaac quickly went to try and open the door but it wouldn't budge. "No, no, no," he said as he fiddled with the doorknob.

"Uh, maybe it locked from the outside?" said Allison.

Isaac looked over at the edge of the door closely and saw that the door wasn't locked at all. It just wasn't budging open more than an inch or so. "No, there's something blocking the door," he grunted as he went and put more strength behind his push.

But it didn't move and Isaac then started to pace. He quickly moved to take his sweater off as he started to breathe faster.

Allison noticed how he was getting. "Uh, okay," she said gently to him. "Uh, just relax. Isaac, relax."

"No," Isaac softly cried out. "I can't."

"Isaac," she said more sternly to him.

Isaac went and started to lean a bit on the door. His breathing got heavier. "Come on. Come on," he muttered.

"Isaac?" Allison said. But then Isaac started to tapping his hand on the door incessantly. "Isaac," she said more forcefully at him. But then Isaac made a fist and started to beat on the door hard. "Isaac, relax Isaac!" she started to cry at him.