Chapter 二十

3rd P.O.V

Kylie with Scott and Stiles quickly rode into the school parking lot on their bike and jeep respectively.

Stiles quickly got out and went to Scott and Kylie. "Where is she?" he asked.

"Over here." They heard Allison's voice reply.

They looked over and saw Allison stepping out of a corner with Lydia right beside her. They moved over to see that Lydia looked freaked out. Kylie went to her and hugged her. Lydia picked her up to hold her closer.

"Lydia?" Stiles asked her in concern.

"It's the same thing," she said to them. "The same thing as the pool. I got into the car, headings were totally different and I ended up here. You told me to call you if there was a dead body."

"You found a dead body?" Stiles asked her.

She shook her head. "Not yet."

"Not yet? What do you mean 'not yet'?" Stiles asked her confused. "Lydia, you're supposed to call us after you find the dead body."

"Oh no," Lydia fiercely shook her head. "I'm not doing that again. You find the dead body from now on."

"How are we supposed to find the dead body?" Stiles asked her in disbelief. "You're always the one to find the dead bodies."

"Guys," Scott cut in. "I found the dead body."

Lydia placed Kylie's head in her neck as they turned around to look. They saw the body of a deputy that Stiles instantly recognized as Tara Graham. She was perched on the school sign, her blood dripping out all over it.

Ms. Blake walked across her class as she began her lecture to them as a whole.

"Idioms, analogies, metaphors and similes. All tools that the writer uses to tell their story." She then stopped when she noticed that Lydia wasn't taking notes, but was drawing a sketch of a tree. "Lydia, I wasn't aware you had so many hidden talents."

Lydia put the pen down and smiled at Ms. Blake. "You and every guy I've ever dated."

Blake shook her head. "Oh, well, that was an idiom by the way."

She continued her way and paused for a few seconds when she saw Kylie also drawing a tree, but she continued, not making a note of it.

"Idioms are something of a secret to the people who know the language or the culture," Ms. Blake said before stopping in front of Stiles. She continued. "They're phrases that only make sense if you know key words. Saying: Jump the Gun is meaningful only if you know about the starting gun in a race. Or a phrase like, seeing the whole board."

"Like chess," Stiles mumbled.

She then smiled at him. "That's right Stiles. Do you play?"

"Uh, no, my father does," he said glumly. Ms. Blake nodded at him with a tense smile before she quickly turned and tried to move away from him.

Scott leaned over to him. "I think we can get to Ethan," he said to him. "I'm pretty sure I can make him talk."

Kylie looked over in interest.

Stiles widened his eyes. "Why do you want to do that for?"

"Look, the druids are emissaries, right? So, what if the Darach was an emissary to the Alphas?"

"Okay, first of all, I cannot believe that we have gotten to the point where a sentence like: What if the Darach was an emissary to the Alphas, actually makes sense to me. And second of all, we're going to have a problem getting to Ethan."