Chapter 二十五

3rd P.O.V

Stiles quickly opened the door and headed out of the office with Lydia, Kylie in her arms, hot on his trail.

"It's the Nemeton. That's where she's keeping them. It has to be," Stiles said to her.

Yet, before they could move too far to begin to do anything about this they were halted by a loud voice.

"Stilinski!"

Stiles narrowed his eyes at the sight of Agent McCall before he let out a tired breath and turned back to Lydia. "Alright, give me Kylie, I have to make sure her instincts don't take her straight to Deucalion, and go to Derek, okay? He and Peter they've been there before, so they know where it is. Tell them that it's the root cellar. Alright, they'll know."

She nodded, gave him Kylie and moved to head on out before Stiles bit the corner of his cheek and turned around to see that Raphael had moved to now be in front of him.

"Did you know your dad's car is in the school parking lot and has been since last night?" Agent McCall asked him.

Stiles shook his head. "I didn't know. What does that mean?"

"It means he's officially missing." They then went to an empty classroom so that they could talk in private. "Stiles, why am I getting the feeling that you know something that could help us find your dad?"

Stiles shrugged. "If I did, why would I not tell you?"

"If it meant helping your dad, why wouldn't you?" McCall asked back.

"So, you're asking me to tell you what I would not tell you?"

"Uh, first I have no idea what you just said. Second, how about you just help me help you?"

"Well, I don't know how to help you help me tell you something that would help you if I don't know it," Stiles said unflinchingly back at him.

Kylie stared at him in awe. She had not understood a word he had said.

That made Agent McCall narrow his eyes at him. "Are you doing this on purpose?"

Stiles just rolled his eyes. "I don't know anything, okay. Can I just go?"

"Where are your other friends?"

That actually made Stiles narrow his eyes at him. "Oh, you mean Scott?" he said trying not to sound too angry at the fact that he couldn't directly ask about his own son.

He pulled out a notepad. "I mean Scott, Isaac Lahey, Allison Argent, these twins Ethan and Aiden. I've been told your whole little clique didn't show up in school today."

"I don't have a clique," he forced himself to say.

"Stiles, come on. There's been a pretty disturbing amount of violent activity in this county in the last few months. Several murders tied to this school. I don't know what's going on here, but it's serious." Stiles just looked away from him.  "Hey," Agent McCall said making him look back at him. "Your dad is missing." That only made Stiles keep a glare on him but stayed silent. That made McCall stand up. "Fine, but I don't want you going home alone. Especially not with her. You have someone you could stay with tonight?"

Before Stiles could muster up something to say to that, he was beaten to the punch.

"He's with me," Alan Deaton said from the doorway.

Kylie's eyes lit up and she made grabby hands at him. Deaton smiled and picked her up.

Stiles looked from Deaton to McCall. "I'm with him."