Chapter 二十一

3rd P.O.V

Scott and Kylie were sitting in front of Morrell's desk. She was looking at Scott intently while the child listened and absorbed. 

"Why are you bothering with me Scott when you know the clock is ticking?" she asked sternly. "When you know someone else is about to be taken."

"By you?" he said to her.

She smirked at him. "Come on Scott, shouldn't you leave the interrogations to someone like Stilinski?"

But Scott didn't waver. "Are you the one killing people?"

"Are, you, listening... to my heartbeat," she said stressing every word sternly to him. "No, I'm not the one killing people."

Kylie tilted her head.

"She's not lying," she said.

Morrell smirked. "Better listen, a child's word is the truth." She leaned back in her seat. "The truth is, I'm all that's standing between Deucalion and the lives of your friends. I've been the one pulling the leash taut when they're salivating for a bite."

"What do you mean?" Scott asked her.

"He wants a True Alpha to be in his pack. Maybe even a Forest Wolf. Cubs are easy learners and pick up from everything they are taught. Deucalion could turn her into the perfect Alpha. He thinks you're the True Alpha and he knows about your sister. And a small distraction like a few human sacrifices isn't gonna dissuade him from the prize."

"I'm not an Alpha."

"But you're well on your way, aren't you?"

"Then what is he waiting for?" Scott exclaimed, standing up and slamming hisbhands on the desk, making Kylie flinch. "What does he want me to do?"

"He wants to make a killer out of you," Morrell snapped, also standing up and slamming her hands on the desk. "That's what he does."

"But... if I kill someone... I can't be a True Alpha, right?"

"Exactly," she said before tilting her head. "You want the psychologist's perspective? He's an obsessive who both desires you and is threatened by you. If the obsessive can't have the object of his desire, he'll choose to destroy it instead. You'll either willingly become part of his pack or he'll make a killer out of you, destroying your potential to be a True Alpha."

"Neither of those is ever going to happen."

"Don't be so sure." She then went to sit back down. "You're playing his game and while you're trying to figure out what to do next, he's thinking ten moves ahead with checkmate already in sight."

Scott and Kylie quickly left the guidance office with Scott having a fear stricken look on his face.

Over in the history classroom, the teacher inside was preparing his notes on the blackboard for his lesson plan. As he moved to see if he was missing anything, he turned back to the board to find that everything he wrote was gone. Instead, what was on the board was a diagram of a symbol. The Five Fold Knot. He dropped his chalk in shock and it began to roll itself outside until it hit a pair of heeled shoes.

Lydia's shoes. She bent down and picked it up and then cast a look into the classroom. She stopped at the board and stared at the symbol. She then went and put a number 2 in one of the knots. After that, she screamed.

Soon, she was joined in the classroom by Aiden, Ms. Blake and school security.

"I don't get why no one's calling the police," Lydia said to Ms. Blake.