Chapter 十一

3rd P.O.V

Scott and Kylie were with Deaton at the animal clinic as they were treating a new patient, a sick dog brought in from a student Scott had seen around school a few times. Kyle, his name was. Kylie had found this incredibly funny as it was a shortened version of her name. Scott was trying to calm the dog by rubbing the spot between his ears while Deaton prepared a syringe.

"That's not going to hurt him, is it?" Kyle asked as he eyed the needle in Deaton's hand.

"Just a little," he said nonchalantly. "But I usually find that it's the owners that feel the most pain," he said as he injected the serum into the dog and Kyle cringed at it. He then pulled it out. "Alright! We'll just check the stool sample for parasites but my guess is that he probably just ate something that he shouldn't have."

Scott then took his dog from the table and rested him on the floor next to Kyle's feet. Scott petted the dog and noticed the tag that read: Bullet. "Hey, cool name."

Kylie approached the dog and petted it. It snuggled into her and she giggled.

"He's got two brothers at home named Barret and Trigger. Military family," Kyle shrugged. Scott and Kylie kept petting him and Bullet was completely submissive. "Looks like he knows who the Alpha is," he joked.

That made Scott look up quickly at him but Kyle just smiled at him and realized that he was just making a harmless joke. Scott just smiled back. "Yeah."

Kylie only shook her head.

"No, Scott is no Alpha," she said and Scott quickly glanced at her, alarmed, but Kyle only chuckled.

"You're right, he's not, it was clearly you I was talking about," he said and Scott relaxed, sending a small smile. Then, Kylie left.

Scott was analyzing the sample from Bullet when his nose twitched. He took a closer look and noticed something odd. "I found something," he said to Deaton.

"Rinse it off," Deaton said bringing him some water.

Scott did and it looked like a brownish speck. "What is that?"

Deaton held it to the light. "Definitely poisonous," he said as he quickly recognized it. Kylie approached it and sniffed it. Her nose scrunched up and she sneezed. "For the dog, and actually for you as well."

"Wolfsbane?"

Deaton shook his head. "Mistletoe."

Scott went to go and clean his hands while his sister stayed with Deaton, when he heard the sound of a dog frantically barking just outside. He checked it out and saw Bullet running right for him. But, there was no sign of Kyle anywhere. He went back inside, got finished his shift and went back home with Kylie.

Scott was telling Stiles about what happened at the clinic while they were getting ready in the locker room. Meanwhile, Kylie was holding Stiles' lacrosse stick and was chewing its end, leaving new bite marks to add to those that were already there.

"I looked everywhere," Scott said to him. "It's like he just walked away. Left his car, his dog."

Stiles nodded. "Okay. Was he like, did he- could he have been a virgin maybe? Did he look like a virgin? Was he, you know, virginal?"

Scott shook his head and rolled his eyes. "No. Definitely not. Deaton makes me have sex with all of his clients. It's a new policy," he finished with a laugh. One that Stiles wasn't sharing in as he stared back at him sour faced. That sobered Scott up. "No, I don't know if he was virgin. And, why are you talking like he's already dead. He's just missing."