That Night Back at Mitras Pt.2 [Special Insert]

“You… fucking… piece… of… goddamn…” I sent my bloodied knuckles at his jaw on every single word that escaped my mouth, leading up to my final blow as I growled; “Shit!”

Even in the dim light, I could see the blood trickling out of his nose as he groaned. His body laid flat on the wet grounds of the dark tunnel with me on top of him, spitting out insults at the pathetic boy. My hand rose up and wiped off the blood on my forehead as my dark eyes glared down at him under my shawl.

“Now you and your pathetic lackeys better let us pass or I’ll slice your fucking head off!” I could taste the blood in my mouth as I aggressively barked out at him. My hand fumbled around the damp gravel around us in search for my machete, as I kept my other hand tightly clawed onto the collar of his shirt.

Oh shit. Where the fuck did my machete go?!

I heard him grumbling under his breath, but before I could turn around to face him again, a hard blow was smashed under my chin, sending additional pain rippling up my face. Hurriedly, I cupped my chin in agony, scowling at him in disbelief. But before I could even record his sudden recovery, a wave of horror washed over me as my eyes caught the quick outline of his big hand swooping up for my face.

A strong force pulled my head down towards him as my hoodie was under his influence. The dark haired boy was tugging onto the shawl that kept my identity veiled. The last thing I needed now was to be exposed to a band of worthless crap thug wannabes that could potentially sell me out.

I struggled, refusing to be pulled towards him as I stretched my hands out and attempted to dig my fingers into his stupid slanted eyes. My dark eyes widen in terror as I listened to the slow tearing behind me.

Don’t tell me … he was ripping my shawl off?!

How much more of a douche can he get?

My throbbing fist cut off his snickering, as I frantically tried to pull away from him solid grip.

“What the hell, man?! That’s cheating!” I screeched at him, my nails clawing into his hand, praying that the tattered fabric could endure more of his rough handling. The back of my neck was bleeding from a slash he sent before, staining my cloth red.

His vulture-like grip persistently gripped onto my hoodie, slowly tearing it away from my head. This creep was just … wow, I have no words to describe him. Mitras was famous for being the location of underground freaks, I’ll never return to this stupid place ever again after this job.

“You’ve underestimated us.” He stated in his monotone voice, and I had.

He was the first person I fought with that had considerably good combat level, compared to all the easy shit I had to deal with. Nevertheless, I had to get away from him. That was an absolute HAVE TO. This weird raven haired boy could potentially donate a chain of clingy military police after me. My cloak wasn’t going to last very long either, and that was like code black.

Code fucking black.

“Let... go … you motherfucker!” I growled after every drained kick in his torso area. That distinct sound of cloth ripping was a direct clear signal that time was already up. Immediately, I sent one last kick and launched off his body, sprinting to the darkest and furthest corner away from him. The cold wind brushed across my cheeks as I dashed hurriedly away.

The hoodie part of my cloak that hid my face from the outside world was now gone. I no longer had that protection over my head.

My hand reached back and resolved to my last resort. The dark hair tie that kept my long curls in a neat ponytail was promptly torn off, immediately resulting to my waves loosening up in all different directions.  With one swift flick, I sent my knee-length hair flipping everywhere around me, like the wings of darkness clawing out into thin air behind me.