Chapter 21: Crooked Thoughts Pt.2

“Oh fuck-” My voice was faint and slightly muffled. The constant pulsation within my chest accelerated like a terrified passenger on a speeding carriage driven by a drunkard. Not exactly the best feeling. I know the piano stool was only about 19 inches in height (that is if my field on estimation wasn’t as bad as my cooking) and I wouldn’t exactly die, but … it just wasn’t cool to topple over like another clumsy kiddo.

The Thump! Thump! Thump! was so damn loud, even the lifeless vessels buried underground could probably hear it.  It was like my blood pumping organ was hanging in my ears, but I didn’t know well enough if it was my own or if it was Levi’s.

Get the fuck off me, you filthy brat!” Was what I anticipated of the irritated corporal screaming at me, and I was waiting for the monumental moment when Levi massacres the population of many living cells as he slaps me off in an outrageous manner. But surprisingly, it was taking longer than I expected. Was he actually conscious? Or was he dead from the huge 19 inches fall?

I wouldn’t blame him; a chicken egg possibly couldn’t survive such height either.

There was no doubt that there was this feeling deep inside of me, like an immoral darker version of the already not so bright myself, lurking underneath my skin. I could sense the itch in my arms, wishing to perhaps wrap around and embrace the man under me.

No. Never in my right mind would I do something so dignity-crushing.

His abrupt breathing was heavy as it whistled next to my ear. The rising and falling of his chest made it distinguishable with every breath he took, its warmth eventually eating into my skin like a contagious virus. I could practically feel his abnormally tense heartbeat under my cold icy palm. Unusually tense, unusually … fast.

“Are you dead?” My lilt was written with the obvious sarcasm I could never not include.

“Are you?” His reply was husky and deep as it whispered, sending shivers down my so called spine.

“Idiot. You sound like you’re having a heart attack. Go get that checked out or something.”

I pushed myself up from his drumming chest; a bit grossed out that physics was such a piece of shit, deciding that it’d be nice for once that a girl lands on a guy, despite the awkwardness and astray. Scoffing seemed like the only logical thing to do as I noticed that little rise of his edge, emitting one of those crooked sneers that would look good on any boy who did it with the right attitude.

But seriously, cut the crap. Do you know how misleading it would be if someone was to walk in on us right now?

He smirked at my outraged expression.

“You weren’t so self-conscious back then when we were in this very same position.”        

"A wet, damp filthy tunnel was no place to make out, is it mister?" I immediately retorted for the sake of my own poise. 

"Are you suggesting that this is more suitable?"

His arm reached up and seized my collar, pulling me down again. Immediately, my arms stretched out, my palms planted firmly next to his head, stopping the distance from closing. My strands of hair unravelled down like wild vines, my knees next to his sides. Levi found it humorous as he noticed my trembling branches, which kept my figure hovering mid-air over his.

“You piece of f-”

“How long are you going to keep the act up?” Those dark metallic eyes of his observed the obvious embarrassment growing on my face. His grip was tight, his strength was everlasting, and shitty gravity was his damn ally this round.