Chapter 11 - Part 2

Luke sat in his office chair, once again his attention was fixed on that locked drawer. It was insane how much the darn thing consumed him (Well more of what it held inside did).

The more he thought about it, the more he thought about his childhood. And that caused him to think of how he needed to tell Tessa. Even if the thought killed him, she should know more about him. She was starting to be more then just some girl to him, and he didn't want to hide the story behind his scars anymore. He hadn't really ever talked to anyone about it, so he wasn't sure how well it would go over with her. So to say he was scared, wouldn't be a lie.

If he didn't tell her everything, he would at least tell her some of it. Maybe just giving her it all little by little was the better way to go. Whatever he did, he wasn't going to take the chance on scaring her off.
~~~

Tonight Luke went the extra mile. Liam had told him that he and Nova would be going out and wouldn't be back till late. So Luke took the opportunity to go for a more intimate feel for the evening.

The candles in his room made it smell amazing, and rose peddles were scattered everywhere. The champagne was sitting on ice and two glasses were set out. He had plans for this evening no doubt. Tonight, he wanted to make a statement. He wanted to show her that she meant something to him, something he couldn't even rationalize in his head.

He made his way back to the kitchen to check on dinner. Yes, he was making her a special dinner too. He just hoped he wouldn't scare her with all of this. All he wanted to do was impress her, and show her how wanted she was.

The door to the house opened and shut quickly. "What smells so good?" He heard Tessa say in a hungry voice. He smiled and turned back to look at her. "That would be dinner. Please take a seat at the table." He saw the shocked face on her face as she walked towards the dining room table. It was cleaned off and had candles in the middle. Two plates sat across from each other and two glasses to go with them. Luke pulled out a chair and gestured for her to sit.

Her shocked silence amused him to say the least. He brought over two small salad bowls and sat that them on the table, then he placed the steaming tray of hand cooked lasagna in the middle of them.

"I hope you enjoy." Tessa's jaw hung slightly open as she looked at him with the cutest expression. Well he could check impressing her off his list. "Did you make this all from scratch?" Luke nodded his head before placing some food on her plate before his own.

"Where in the world did you learn how?" Well to tell her the full story would be revealing things he wasn't ready to, so he would just have to tell her half of it. "I took cooking classes. I can make a lot of different dishes." He watched as she blinked her eyes before taking a bite of the lasagna.

"Oh my gosh. This is actually really good." Luke laughed and shook his head at her comment. "Okay, that probably came out wrong. I mean I didn't know you could cook, let alone cook like a fricken boss!"

"There is a lot about me you don't know." She stared into his eyes and he felt as if she was looking right through him. He stole his gaze back and focused on the food.

"So, what is this all about anyway. I have to say, I'm intrigued." He shrugged his shoulders and smirked. "Just figured it would be nice to spend the evening in more of a proper way, before we get down and dirty." Tessa raised an eyebrow before putting a large amount of food in her mouth. The sight almost turned him on. It was hot to see a woman who wasn't scared to eat in front of him. It was sickening that most of the women he went out with felt like they had to eat tiny portions. Honestly it was nice to see such a hearty appetite.

"Stop staring. You're making me feel weird." She giggled and blushed. Luke felt himself more drawn to her then ever before. How could one woman make him feel this way? He wanted to spend more time with her then just when they were in bed. He needed her a different way, a more intimate way then before.