Chapter 17 - part 2

Luke pulled his Dodge Charger into the nicely sized driveway of his aunt Vennessa's house. As he stepped out a familiar sense of home embraced him. He lived half his life here. He could probably close his eyes and be able to navigate everything blind. He straightened his jacket and and smoothed his hair. The sun shined brightly and brought some warmth to the cool autumn air. He closed the car door and headed up the walkway to the house. The cobblestone house was breathtaking to look at but Luke had grown use to it over the years. He reached the door and rang the doorbell. Almost immideatly the door swung open to reveal little Diana.

"Luke!" She squealed and jumped into his arms. He picked her up and walked into the house.  "Hello there little missy. How is aunt Vennessa treating you?"
"She gave me ice cream after dinner last night!" Luke laughed and placed her back onto the floor.  "Is that So? She is really fun isn't she." Diana nodded her head hard to the point Luke was afraid she might hurt herself. "I want to show you my picture! Wait here and don't move." She told him sternly. Luke nodded and held back the laughter that built inside him.

It was incredible how much they had bonded in just the last 24 hours. She was quite a character and he had become rather fond of her. This was the right thing to do. They had a long road ahead of them but he was certain that this was no mistake. Vennessa walked into the room and smiled wide as she looked at Luke.

Luke walked over and embraced her tenderly. "That little girl is the most precious thing ever." She began fixing his hair and dusting off his shoulders. Luke groaned and grabbed her hands. "I'm fine." She gave him that *mother look* and shook her head.
"You need a woman in your life." Diana ran into the room holding a peace of paper in her hands. Luke glanced at a Vennessa and then crouched down. "I already have one."

"Look! Look!" Diana squealed as she shoved the picture in his face. "Thats you and this is me!" She said as she pointed to the two figures in the picture. The taller of the two had a cape.

"You're my super hero. That's why you have a cape." The sweet words melted his heart. As callused as he could be; he had a soft spot for kids. He put the picture down and pulled her in for a bear hug. "I love it. But where is auntie Von?" Diana gasped dramatically. "Oh no! I forgot!" She shouted and ran out of the room.

Luke stood up straight and looked back to Vennessa. "You know Luke. She seems to really like you. It's not very often that a child like that bonds with someone so quickly." That was probably true. Luke was shocked how much Diana and himself had bonded. With the background she came from it was more common for kids to be closed off from others. Diana was certainly special.

"So who is this woman in your life? Is it that Tessa you were talking about this morning?" He nodded. She was definitely in his life. And he hoped she would be there to stay.
"So what's she like? When am I going to meet her?" She pressed. How could he explain Tessa to his Aunt? There was so much about her to tell he didn't know where to start.
"She is encredable. She is fiery, beautiful, sweet, quick witted, and so much more. I can't even begin to describe her." Vennessa grinned wildly.
"You've finally fallen in love! Oh, I'm so Happy! You have no idea how happy this makes me."  Luke stopped for a second. Was he in love? Tessa was his everything and he never wanted to lose her. Life without her would be pointless to him. Was everything he felt for her love? It had to be.

"Well I'm happy too." He gave her a quick hug. "Thank you for taking care of me all those years. And giving me all your love." Vennessa pulled away and looked him in the eyes.
"You will always be my boy. You've been like a son to me. It was a gift to raise you." Luke pulled her back in for another hug and held onto her like she was his last breath.
She had become his second mother and the only family he had left.

"So have you thought about what I suggested?" Luke let out a sigh.
"I just don't know if it'd be a good idea." She looked at him questionably.
"Your grandfather left you his whole estate. That included the Striker family house. You've already been keeping up with it. Why not move into it? It would be a great place to raise Diana." She was right. Diana needed a nice stable home. But if he moved into that house he would be leaving Tessa behind. Along with Liam. He didn't want to leave his friends and the love of his life. But Diana had to be priority.