Chapter 16 part 2

Luke lay next to Tessa. For once he felt happy and like things would be alright. His mind turned to the beginning of his day.

~the previous morning.~

Luke arrived in his office as the sun was still rising. Sarah greeted him right away.  "Mr. Simon and Mr. Weston are here with news on Diana." Luke felt his heart jump. Although she hadn't said it was good news he hoped it was. They hurried to his office where the two lawyers were already waiting. At his arrival they both stood and gave him a handshake before he took a seat behind his desk.  "So what's the news?"

Simon, who was tall with black hair and a commanding presence, looked over to Weston. Weston was shorter and had bleach blonde hair with green eyes. But Weston still carried himself with the same authority as Simon.
Weston opened his brief case and looked at Simon. "Well we have both talked to CPS and to the judge. After C.P.S. had done a short look see into Mr. Mitchell, the judge agreed to realise Diana into your care pending a custody hearing. A court order has been issued and we are prepared to collect the child today."

Luke felt instantly relieved. This had been bothering him for the last several days. And although it wasn't  going to end until after the custody hearing. He still had her away from Dan.  "Well then what are we waiting for?" Both Simon and Weston looked at each other and let out a sigh.

"Well.. we are waiting on the woman from Social Services to get here before we can go. It's required that she make sure everything goes smoothly. Also she needs to see where you settle Diana into." Weston let out a chaste sigh and Simon clenched his jaw. Luke was confused as to why this bothered them so much. Was the woman a witch or something?

"Okay. So what's so terrible about that? Is she a witch?" Both men nodded.  "The woman is the spown of the Devil." Weston stated.  "She's Satins mistress." Simon added. Luke suddenly felt uneasy. It had to get complicated.

"So you two have worked with her before?"
"Well yes. A few times.... actually she is my Ex Wife." Simon said in irrataion. Luke wanted to chuckle but held it in.
"And you Weston?" Luke asked
"She happens to be my Ex Wife as well." Luke couldn't help but let out a chaste laugh as he looked at them both. No doubt this was going to be weird for the both of them.

The office door opened and in walked sweet Sarah. "Sir. The lady from Social Services is here." Both men stood up straight and tried to look calm and carefree. It was hard not to laugh at them both. But Luke couldn't imagine how awkward this was for them. Luke nodded to Sarah and she stepped aside so the lady could enter.

In walked a woman he could tell was a man killer. She had on a slim black dress and had long red hair that curled around her shoulders. Her small feet were tucked into some black heels and her eyes looked as if they penetrated into your very soul. Her ruby red lips were no match for her fiery red hair. She glanced at the two Lawyers before she walked up to Luke's desk.

She extended a hand and he took it. A handshake was very customary but it seemed to feel weird shaking her hand.  "It's a pleasure and an honor to meet you, Mr. Striker. I'm Isabel Kincaid."
"It's a pleasure to meet you as well. I hope everything goes smoothly today and I'm glad to have you on board to help us along in this transition." She smiled and glanced back at Simon and Weston.  "I'm only sorry I have seemingly ruined the day for your lawyers." Luke looked at them and saw conflicttion on both their faces.

"Hello Mark, Cade." She turned to them and smiled charmingly.
"Izzy." They said in unison. Luke bit his tongue to keep from laughing at this awkward moment. She turned back to Luke.
"Shall we be going then. I'd like to get that poor girl out of their as soon as possible." Luke nodded and headed for the door followed by the two men and Sarah.