Chapter 13

Tessa felt exhausted. The day had been long and tiring; Although the morning was just perfect.

She wiped down another table as Nova swept around the bar. "Gosh it's a mess today." She sighed and Tessa let out a groan of agreement. It was quite a bit more messy then usual. But when you have a bar fight, things tend to get thrown around.

Tessa gave Nova a sideways glance. It was hard to think of Nova and Liam together. She smiled and thought what it would be like if things worked out permanently between them.
"What?" Nova asked with her nose scrunched and her eyebrows narrowed.  "Oh nothing." She dismissed it and went back to cleaning.

"Oh no. There most definitely was something going on in that head of yours. What's up?" Tessa shook her head, she couldn't very well tell her that she knew. Could She?
"I heard a silly rumor. That's all." Nova stood up straight and looked at her with entriguement. "Really?! Do spill the beans."

Tessa shrugged her shoulders and played with the rag in her hands. "Well, I heard something about you and Liam being a thing. I don't know if that's true or not. But seeing as you haven't told me, and I'm your trusted friend, I'm sure it's not true. After all, if it were you would've told me." She smiled at Nova and turned back to the table she was wiping down. It was sorta mean to be gilt tripping her friend into telling her, but what else was she to do?

She gave Nova a glance and she saw that her face was covered in gilt. "Hey, Tess.... I kinda am with Liam. I just never told you-but I wanted to! Liam just asked me not to." Tess smiled and walked over to her friend.

"Hey it's okay. I'm so happy for the both of you though!" She wrapped her arms around her and gave Nova a hug. "This is so cool. My best friend, and my Brother! Oh it'll be hard to decide which to side with in arguments." Nova laughed and gave her a nudge. "Are you kidding me. I'm a woman, so I immediately get the support of my fellow member of the same sex." Tessa laughed and nodded. "So true there."

It was so good to feel like they were in the same page again. Only they weren't. Tessa still hadn't told her or anyone but Heather about Luke. Part of her wanted to tell Nova everything, she wanted to shout out her love for Luke. But the other side of her screamed to keep it hidden from everyone. Even if they were becoming more of a thing, instead of a fling. It still wasn't something she wanted to share.
~~~

When she got home she went straight for her room. As she closed the door behind her she began stripping from her clothes and plopped down on the bed in only her undergarments.
She snuggled against the pillow and tried her best to fall asleep. With how exhausted she felt it should be easy, but it wasn't. She couldn't get comfortable no matter how hard she tried. Something felt as if it was missing from her bed. It was Luke. But she didn't want to disturb his sleep.

After a few hours exhaustion won over politeness. She needed sleep and it was obvious she wasn't getting it here. She tossed the blankets from her body and got up. It was late and the house was dead quiet, it was eerie. She moved down the hallway and placed her hand on his doorknob. For a second she hesitated, but she closed her eyes and opened the door. As it slowly swung open she saw Luke laying on the bed holding several pictures in his hand. He looked so cute to her.

She closed the door quietly and walked over to the bed. She picked up the pictures from his hand and placed them on the nightstand beside the bed. Tessa had thought about looking at them, but she was too tired. Gently she lifted the blanket and slid her body under it- shuffling herself close to him. When she snuggled against him he began to stir, his body twisted and he wrapped his arms around her. She took in a deep breath of his cologne and felt at ease. "Kitty?" He said in a groggy voice, he obviously wasn't fully awake. "Sshhhh.. go back to sleep." She said softly before she tucked her head into the crook of his neck.