Chapter one.

Rain drops smashed into the transparent window. A black car pulled up into the drive of the house next door. The bright and cheery five year old noticed and leapt down stairs and to the front door. A hand touched her shoulder. She jumped and turned around to see her mother and father. They led her into the living room where her brother was also sat. He was about eight years old. Her parents sat her next to him and told them something they never expected to be told.
"Kids, we've been hiding something from you." Her mother started her father took over.
"You are really Altean not human." Matt begged his sister, expecting her to cry. She didn't.
"Thank you for telling us." That's what he heard from her. He smiled as she wasn't crying and she excepted it.
"Mom, Dad... could we say hi to the new neighbours. Please?" Katie made the puppy dog eyes to them. They giggled and Matt stood up.
"I'll protect her. And hey maybe we can make some friends." They giggled and ushered them to the front door.
"Go ahead, tell no one of the secret." They smiled gave Matt and Katie a cuddle and closed the door.

Katie knocked on the door. A tall beautiful young lady opened the door and looked down at the small children. Smiling she called down two boys.
"Shiro, Keith!" Two boys came rushing down the stairs. One looked annoyed and the other looked cheerful.
"I'm Shiro this is my younger brother Kieth." Introduced the older cheerful one. Keith looked at Katie.
"Hi. One question. Why are you so short?" Katie had tears roll down her face. She had never been called short before, especially that randomly.
"I'm Katie and I'm short because. I'm five." She held out a hand trying to be happy.
"Keith, please excuse my brothers rudeness Katie." Shiro elbowed Keith in the rib lightly.
"Please come inside." They held the door open and led the two guests to the large bedroom they shared. Matt sat on Shiros bed. Katie stood awkwardly.
"Why don't you sit on Keith's bed Katie." Shiro offered. Katie shook her head. Keith smiled at her denying the invitation to his bed when his brother offered her instead of himself. Keith rubbed he back of his neck as Katie stood awkwardly.
"Katie what's up? Your usually much livelier than this." Matt had asked making Keith feel even worst. Maybe he had hurt her feelings.
"Erm Katie," he looked at her and she looked at him,"sorry about earlier when I asked why you were short I should've known better." Katie smiled at him and finally said something.
"Keith it's fine, it wasn't your fault you were just curious. Anyway I know you think I'm upset about it I'm fine. Thanks for apologising though." Her brothers jaw dropped when she acted like that, kinda shy. Shiro giggled. Keith turned to his brother and then looked at Matt.
"So why are you surprised?" He asked Matt. Katie left the room in sudden rush feeling sick. Poking her head in the room.
"Where's your bathroom?" She asks hurriedly. Shiro ran out of the room to show her. Coming back into the room noticing an awkward silence.
"What you do?" Shiro sat on his bed next to Matt.
"We're fine. No conversation when your not here." Matt broke first and said. Katie rushed back in.
"Sorry to rush and leave but I'm not feeling so well. Matt I'll tell mom and dad your staying for about longer." With that she smiled and left the boys to their conversations.

Keith looked at Matt.
"So what happened with you and your school that you had to move?" Asked Matt, straight in with the personal questions. Keith shook his head.
"Nope, bye. Going to see if Katie's okay." Before he could leave Shiro grabbed his collar and sat him down.
"Guys when I walked into the bathroom, Katie was throwing up but it was weird," he stopped and looked at Matt, he knew something they didn't," her ears were pointed when I pulled her hair back and when she got up and wiped her face I saw little green marks on her cheeks." Matt was flustered at this point.
"It's probably  nothing  don't worry. Anyway I'll see you at school tomorrow bye." Matt ran out of the room sighing in relief as he walked outside. He was almost caught. He waved as the boys looked out of the window. They waved back smiling, Shiro smiled anyway Keith waved and looked at Matt suspiciously...