Chapter eight.

(Time skip. Five months later)

Keith had been alone for five whole months nobody talked to him. Nobody understood him. He kept himself locked in his room or in Katie's treehouse waiting for her to say I'm back or just kidding. He was waiting for five months. Nothing. His despair and anger got a hold of him. He wouldn't be able to keep himself together for the rest of his life. Soon the cloud of despair turned into I hate people I'll never get close to anyone ever again. At school kids would avoid him. He showed his marks more often. When he cried they turned red and purple scars crept from his ears to his cheeks. He looked horrible. Only one group tried to be friends with him. His brother Shiro, Lance the gay one, Hunk the loving one and a small scrawny boy with hair the same colour as Katie's, he was called Pidge he had a lot of similarities to Katie. His eyes were the same colour. He kept his ears hidden so Keith didn't know. The group had approached him at dinner times. Pidge always the most nervous.
"Why are you nervous Pidge your a man so act like it." Keith had seen Lance pulling Pidges arm almost out of its socket.
"No. I don't wanna I'm comfy," she tugged her arm back and he said something Keith didn't know was coming
"Back off!" It was just how Katie used to protect him and herself oh and don't forget his and her own family.
"You sound like Katie." I commented he looked at me with eyes of shock. He looked nervous again. Twirling hair round his finger.
"What's up dudes? Wow you came to talk to us Keith!" Hunk smiled and Shiro walked over.
"Knew you'd give in little bro." They all stared at the two shocked except for Pidge who looked away.
"I must go..." she walked off and all of them looked at each other then at the scrawny boy. Lotor tugged his arm. Keith was about to run straight at Lotor when he saw him hugging him. Gay perhaps? It couldn't be he always liked Katie. Keith fought. Maybe little brother? Keith kept asking himself over and over.
"Your secret safe or do they know?" They heard Lotor ask whispering. He looked at them and shook his head. Lotor laughed maniacally. Pidge ran and ran Lotor followed him. He saw Keith looking furious. Then at the rest of the group looking furious and shocked both at the same time.

Keith POV
——()()()()()()()——

I was furious why did he follow him and hug him. I held my head. Shiro put a hand in my shoulder.
"What just happened?" Hunk was obviously confused I was as well, I just shook my head. When the bell rang we all jumped. An hour had passed already time flies. We notice Lotor cornering Pidge.
"Let me past Lotor." Pidge sounded like Katie and my heart broke.
"Lotor leave the girl alone," the group looked at me then at Pidge who looked slightly red cheeked. Lotor laughed.
"Guess you couldn't hide from your neighbour good try though love." He laughed again. He walked away leaving Katie in tears. The group looked confused again. Girl, neighbour, Pidge? I hugged her. She hugged back.
"I thought you were angry at me Keith sorry." She broke down into tears revealing her marks on her face. They were purple.
"What happened to the marks. Last I saw they were green." She looked at me weird. The bell rung again and we darted into class. Everyone was bickering. The teacher walked in.

"Today we have a special guest. Two a father and son." The teacher paused and looked at Katie. He shrugged it off.
"Matthew Holt and Samuel Holt!" Katie looked at her father and brother. They looked at her shrugging off what they thought was their Katie. Samuel started the class Matt asked for a volunteer nobody put their hand up. They chose 'Pidge'. She stood up marks showing on her face. Her ears were tucked away in her short almost shoulder length hair.
"Matt do you remember me from a few month ago?" She whispered so only Matt could here. They asked her to stir the pot of science and add what was needed to be added. She added the right of every ingredient making Matt and Samuel gasp. They weren't expecting a student who could get it right first time. This was university level. It took years for someone to understand.
"Well don't Pidge..." she looked at them wondering what they were thinking before adding.
"Gunderson. Pidge Gunderson." She walked back to her seat nervously. They didn't remember her. They looked at me then at Shiro who decided to tag along in the class. My hand shot up and Pidge looked at me. They nodded at me.
"Can me, Shiro and Pidge see you after class?" They looked at me then Shiro who looked at Keith in shock then at Pidge who was hiding herself in her hoodie. They nodded and laughed.
"Of course Keith." They laughed again and Carried on. Pidge always had the first hand up and the right answer. They looked at her suspiciously as if given the answers by a device. They asked her to come up once more and show the class how copper syrum worked. He walked to the front making it. It was correct they knew she must have had an ear piece in. The bell rung and class ended everyone sighing in relief that they didn't have to answer anything. Pidge was about to walk out.

"You wanted to talk to us?" She looked nervous. She looked at Me giving a glance that if I told them she was Katie she would kill me. They picked up on the glance. Looking at where her ears should be. I pulled Matt away as Shiro tales to Samuel. Pidge in the middle sitting on a desk.
"You know Katie?" Matt looked at me then at Pidge.
"She's in this room." His head shot up and looked around he room.
"Where?" He whispered and I pointed at Pidge in her blue ripped jeans and green hoodie. He ran up to her.
"Katie?" She looked at him nervously and nodded weakly. He embraced her. Their father lookin at them hugging looked confused as hell.
"What just happened?" He tried to work out the math but couldn't. Matt pulled down her hood and pushed the hair behind her ears revealing the  pointed ears.
"Katie?" Her dad joined the hug and soon it was a family neighbour hug. Lotor opened he door to Katie hugging her family and laughed.
"You only just found out huh," he laughed again. She scowled at him.
"Lotor. Please could you, BACK OFF!" Matt and Samuel giggled as she shouted at him. They finally broke away.
"See you at home honey. Matts staying at school for the day. He'll be in the Sam classes as you." Her dad walked out of the room after kissing her on the forehead. Lotor watching laughed at the sappy family. He finally got what he deserved from Katie. Lotor rubbed his red cheek. He had a red slap mark from a small hand. It must have been very hard as tears escaped his eyes. Matt patted his little sister on the back.
"He got what he deserved. I'll back you up if he tells." Shiro left the room and so did I leaving the family reunion to Katie and Matt...