Chapter twenty

Third person POV

It was finally time to get off of the ice and leave. At first she didn't want too but then she noticed the time and snapped back to reality. Keith had ended up putting her over his shoulder to get her off of he ice. He laughed innocently at Katie.
"Katie?" He asked before waiting for an answer,
"Please could you call me Pidge, it's my preference." She said before answering his question.
"Wasup?" He giggled as she asked. He stopped walking up the stairs halfway before putting her down and holding a hand.
"Who have you," he paused to find the right words,"fallen for?" She looked at him and began to run up the steps.
"I'll tell you if you catch me." She yelled playful. He chased her around the inside of the building and caught her at the buildings exit. She laughed.
"Okay but I'll have to whisper." He nodded looking serious. She giggled at his face.
"Come closer." He came closer.
"Closer." She said again.
"Come on I can't reach your ear. Closer." He bent down to kneeling. She gave him a little kiss on his ear and whispered to him,
"You silly." She kissed him on his cheek and he stood up. He bent down, obviously offering her a piggyback: she accepted and he lifted her into his shoulders. They were walking. They both laughed and smiled, even joked with each other.
"Why do you treat me like I'm someone... when I'm nobody?" Pidge hopped off of his shoulders. She ran in front of him and scowled. Her face soon turned back to ease.
"Because you are somebody. Even if your clumsy and I am smarter you are somebody." She paused and took a breath.
"My somebody." He blushed a dark shade of red as she wrapped her arms around his neck. She lifted herself up and wrapped her legs around his torso. He chuckled and she laughed even more. He held her warm back with his two huge hands (well compared to hers anyway). She chuckled agin.
"Lets go home, lover boy." She was placed on the back of the bike. He sat on the front and rode. Their friends had left earlier. About an hour earlier. But they didn't care.

Katie's POV

One hour later...

We were both riding into town. It was nice. The occasional trees here and there the flowers on houses. Vines forming. Peaceful quiet. I could relax. I held onto Keith while putting my head on his back. I felt his back become a radiator. I knew he was smiling. He moved slightly. I thought of all the nice things that happened throughout the eleven years I'd known him. The drama, I still hated. The first question which almost made me cry. The friendship we formed after he apologised. I laughed at it all quietly. The breeze had changed from 'Hypnotising lullaby' to 'hard neutral knock over a tree' wind. We stopped the motorbike. It was in front of a inn. Thunder stuck and rain showered us rapidly. Keith turned towards me.
"Get inside while I chain this up." I nodded and ran inside. I came to see a receptionist. But not the lovely sweet ones, no I came face to face with a horrible raspy one.
"What do you want!" She hissed at me. Someone entered the room from the kitchen door.
"Griselda I need your opinion on some..." the sweet sing songs voice paused. A tall skinny man looked at me. He bent down.
"Hello did you get lost little girl?" He rubbed his hand on my hair making it frizzy and messy.
"No it's pouring it down out there. And I'm not little, I'm sixteen." I didn't hiss I just corrected him. He looked at me.
"Name." He looked at me with a scowl. I looked up at him, trying to fix my messy hair.
"Katie." The front door opened and a drenched Keith came in.
"Keith! You okay? Your drenched here." I lifted my hoodie off of me and handed it him to use as a cloth.
"Thanks Pidge." Griselda looked at us and scowled menacingly. Keith looked at her.
"She giving you a hard time Katie?" I didn't answer. I saw his cheeks redden with anger.
"Could we just have a room for tonight until the rain stops?" He got out his wallet and so did I. He looked down at me and so did the chef. They now smiled at us both.
"We'd love too. We've not had a customer in ages!" She gave us the price t was pretty low but we payed it. Twenty quid. Not bad. We were given a nice hotel like room. Soft single beds. Two beds. Both in a different corner. It was nice. I decided to crash on the bed immediately.
"What time do you think we'll get back tomorrow?" I asked he laughed.
"Noonish." He stated sitting on his bed. He locked the door and crashed on his own bed.
"Night Kitty-Kat." I laughed at the name as I heard snores from him. Unbelievable. He was already out. Like the light.

I got my phone out and made the hotel a website, so they could get more customers. I made it as good as I could. Then when I posted it I noticed the time. 6:00 am. I felt energised more than sleepy. I unlocked the door and opened it. My feet met the warm carpet. I saw a girl wearing an apron come up to me. She had dark brown hair and deep blue eyes. She gave me a smile and bowed.
"Hello mistress Katie. Did you sleep okay?" I smiled back at her before giving a lie as an answer.
"I was out like a light. Keith's still out." I giggled and so did she. I looked into her eyes. They looked so tired.
"Do you get any sleep." She gave a truthful answer and shook her head. I pushed her into my room.
"Sleep I'll cover you." She smiled at me and closed her eyes. I smiled as she slept peacefully. I walked down the steps at the end of the cosy corridor. Griselda was up and still working. That man from before was talking to her. I walked down the stairs quietly trying not to make a noise. He man looked at me.
"Hello little'n." He cheered obviously not sleepy.
"Hi I hope you don't mind..." I was interrupted before I could say another thing. Tears dwelled in his eyes.
"Your checking out already at this time..." I smiled and shook my head to say 'no'. He looks at me and gestured to continue.
"I made you a website." They looked at me and typed in their inn name on the computer.
"Wow your good. You got our prices and compliments. People have even commented saying they'll be here when they need a vacation from the city!" Griselda got up from her gain and embraced me in a bone crushing hug.
"Wait I look a mess!" I smiled and gestured toward the bathroom.
"I'll help. I know a few things sister. I can help." She smiled at me, so did the guy. We walked to the bathroom and I sat her down on a pillow. I trimmed her hair. Washed her face with a wipe and added makeup. Casual though noting too bad. She had a good figure, skinny but average height. I stood her up and walked out. I fetched some blue clothes from her closet (after she allowed me to go in and look). Blue jeans and a purple galaxy top. She looked in the mirror with the clothes on and hugged me.
"Thank you I don't even know if this is me on the other side of that mirror." She looked at me smiling innocently. I pushed her lightly out of the bathroom and the tall man eyed her. He nodded and smiled.
"Griselda you look amazing!" They hugged each other.
"I hope you don't mind but I'll help with the cleaning if you want just for today." They smiled,
"We have a maid." I rubbed the back of my neck.
"She looked tired and I wasn't because of the really nice sleep I had so I let her sleep in mine." They smiled at me
"That was very kind of you Katie." They nodded at each other and began to clean. Customers filled the lobby.
"Is this the place?" Asked one excited.
"Sure is. I see you saw our website." They nodded and looked around. It looked clean. I thought it did anyway. The people nodded with agreement.

Keith's POV

I woke up to see a girl in an apron in Katie's bed.
"Morning, Katie." I looked around and heard people downstairs. I walked to the steps rubbing my eyes at all the people,
"Katie?" She loooked at me and ran to me. Embracing me in a light hug.
"Morning sleepyhead." I yawned again and looked at the people looking at us.
"I slept amazing. As soon as my head met the pillow I was sleeping like a baby. Peacefully." I heard cheers from people and then I looked at my clothing. I am in my pjs. Whoops.
"I need to go change," Katie nodded and came with me. She looked happy. We walked into the room. I looked at my closet. I forgot I didn't pack anything so I settled with the things I had on the day before. They had dried. I noticed Katie's hoodie. It was soaked in the radiator. Oh yeah I used it to wipe the rain off of my face. She walked into the bathroom to get dressed. I heard a yelp and then a bang on the floor.
"Katie!" I yelled running toward the bathroom. I opened the door to a fully dressed Pidge on the floor with a hair brush next to her. I picked her up and laid her on my bed.

The woman on Katie's bed shot up from her slumber.
"Morning master Keith." She got out of the bed still her maids uniform.
"Sorry for sleeping on the job." She bowed her head and Katie woke up.
"I let you remember and Griselda and the other guy didn't seem to mind." She smiled at em and made the beds, she then smiled at Katie ten times bigger. Katie got up and the woman made my bed as well. She was cleaning the room. I helped Katie up. We walked out of the room.
"Thank you for the tremendous tidy and stay." Katie thanked her and soon I joined in. We walked down the steps.
"Here's a tip for the stay. Thank you."  We saw the two people with glowing faces.
"Thank you Katie." Griselda said and Katie waved at them both.
"Do you have everything?" She looked in her hands. Phone check, keys check,
"Keith, check." I smiled as she made the long list of things she remembered. We hooped on the motorcycle and drove off. Into the distance, before we knew it trees bushes and a lot of leaves surrounded us...