Chapter twelve

Katie POV
-------------

I sat on Keith's bed, that had imagine dragons posters behind it. It was warm and comfy and to my surprise it was green. He had warmed up to me and my colour quite well. I sat their for an hour before I saw Keith, but he had his shirt off.
"Sorry my shirt stuck too me." He looked at me and the doorbell rang.
Just to get you up to date as I have had a small time skip. They're having a barbecue and invited their neighbours and Lotor. Don't ask me why but they did.

I walked to the door and opened it. My brother was there with his girlfriend Alura and my parents.
"Hello Katie. How's my Pidgeon holding up?" I laughed at the nickname. Keith came tumbling downstairs and widened the door. I saw Lance, Hunk, Coran and Shiro. The whole gang was here.
"I'm great how's Matthew and Alura?" He smiled and showed me a ring in private. He had gotten it a year early because it was beautiful and on sale.
"Alura will love it!" I giggled as he shut the case it was in I gave him a look of 'don't lose her or the ring. Their too precious,' he laughed at my look and we walked outside. Lotor. He had text me saying hello and I just waved. He smiled at me and ran up to me. Then something I didn't expect, a hug. Keith looked at him in jealously. I looked at him with a smile. Lotor was acting kinder than ever.
_______

Before the barbecue in Lotors limo.

He looked at his friends. His gang.
New gang. Where sat in the car with him.
"Di you have to make her fall in love with you? It's gross." He gave her a stern look then replied,
"Yes its for the plan to get to her heart and make her tell me everything and join the fight. On our side..."

Back at the house.

Katie sat in between Keith and Lotor so wouldn't fight. Shiro saw her and Lotor hugging which obviously made Keith angry. He looked at Keith who had his arms crossed and his eyes rolling. Katie was looking at her food. She only picked up a sausage. Lotor had picked up more than her and Keith combined. Keith had almost all the food. Every piece of meat he liked, which was all of them. Katie ate her sausage and excused herself. She walked into the house. Lotor ate his in a flash. Faster than Keith.
"Could I be excused Auntie and uncle? He asked and they nodded Katie and Lotor didn't come out for an hour.
"What is he doing with her right now?" Keith looked furious as he spoke. Lotor came out dragging Katie who looked dull in the eye. Her eyes had changed colour. Instead of amber they where a red-ish grey colour. Keith looked angry. Nobody except Shiro noticed her eye colour had changed.
"I'm gonna leave the party now. Thank you for your great hospitality." He bowed and looked at Katie.
"See you at school cutie." She had blushed at him and said cya. Keith took her wrist. He was shouting at her.

Keith's POV
----------------

I looked at Katie and grabbed her wrist. Hunk, Lance, Coran, Alura, Shiro and Matt gave her sympathetic looks. Her parents and mine didn't notice. I was furious with her.
"How could you Katie! You stayed inside with Lotor all barbecue except when you had a sausage!" I shouted at her until she began crying. I did the thing I shouldn't have. I slapped her. It made the loudest noise it could have made and she was on the floor. My parents and hers looked at us her on the floor with a large red mark on her. My friends looked at me then at her and looked angry. Especially Matt and Alura.
"Shiro I'm sorry but I'm taking my sister and leaving." Shiro understood and so did I. I had just abused my best friend, who I had a crush on! She looked up at me and Lotor hadn't yet left. He was at the door. I noticed her red-ish grey eyes in tears. She got up and ran to Lotor who had his arms wide open. He hugged her.
"I'll look after her like I have been for five months."  Everyone looked at him, that's why. He hugged her close. I felt sorrow and disgust at myself. Why would I slap my best friend? I asked myself. Matt nodded and sat back down next to Alura. I came back to the table. My parents scolded me and took away any privileges I had like tv aloud outside. Break times in school. Able to see Katie in school. They had changed her classes to smarter ones. I was in the same class in the corner. Lotor had been moved into smarter classes as well. At break they would hug and smile, talk to each other while I was inside doing extra homework in detention. Tears falling down as I saw him get on one knee.

Lotors POV
--------------
I saw Keith in detention. Now was my perfect chance to ask. I got onto one knee. I saw Keith and smiled because he was about to lose the most important thing to him. Katie to me. Lotor.
"Katie will you make me the happiest guy in the school and world and be my girlfriend." She looked gobsmacked and happy and she knelt down on both knees and pulled me into a hug.
"Yes..." I felt like punching the air. I got my crush. The smartest girl in school. To be my girlfriend and of free will. And also my girlfriend was needed for the plan. I got her. She will help me with the plan now and forever.
"Wanna go brag to Keith that he missed me ask you to be my girlfriend and best friend for life?" I asked smiling at her. She nodded. I stood up and grabbed her hands and hoisted her onto my back...