Chapter nineteen

Katie's POV

I stood their in my green dress holding something that had come out of nowhere. It was a bayard. It was green, my favourite colour. I noticed a lot of people being attacked and instantly went to help them. I noticed they looked familiar but I couldn't put my hand in it. Not yet anyway. I saw a bow with a mullet and what looked like purple skin. His ears pointed. He looked a lot like Keith. There was someone like that... what should I call that thing... Galra but with blessed white hair and smaller. I saw my brother and father. Relief filled me as I put heart into all of my attacks. All the men were on the ground. Other than the people I saved. I looked at my father and smiled goofily. He smiled back. He looked younger than usual. Did I go back in time or something? He looked at me strangely. Like I was a murderer or a prisoner of war camp. I waved at him before feeling someone's hand on my shoulder. I turned around to see Aaron. He hugged me tightly and I couldn't breath. When he let go he smiled at me. I felt a pain surge through my chest. Blood seeped out of my body. It was painful but I wasn't feeling faint or like I was gonna die. No I felt powerful. More than before. I felt happy. I looked at my father as I looked down. I was wearing a green cape.

Keith's POV

I saw the girl. I hadn't seen her before in my life. Ever. Who would've. Matt dropped to his knees at the girl. She bowed to him as Aaron embraced her in a hug. I noticed blood seeped down into the pavement. She didn't look like she was in that much pain. She waved at Shiro then at Lotor. I get left out. She then ran up to me and embraced me in a heartfelt hug. I wrapped my arms around her and hugged back. We soon parted, but I really didn't want too. She get warm. Katie appeared instead of the girl. Her hair was the same length and she was wearing the same things other than the cloak. I hugged her again. Shiro came up to us.
"When will you ever get no drama. In your life?" She laughed at his question and I joined in.
"Ice skating?" We noticed Lotor was with us still. We all nodded and laughed. It was time she felt free again. I smiled as she looked peacefully at me. We ran to the motorbikes. She got on with me. Even though she was stabbed there wasn't a bloodstain or anything on the dress. She was wearing green again.

As we pulled up to the rink we noticed there was a party going on. We chained the bikes up and headed inide. The doors were open and we payed for both local and private. It's weird nobody was on local but a lot on private. We found out it was a competition on the private. Katie danced around the local rink alone. The judges were notified a young girl with talent was on the local rink. They quietly walked to see what was going on. Katie was dancing to a rhythm of her own. She twirled and leapt. She landed and ended the first routine. She smiled as she pranced around with heart in her actions. She had closed her eyes dreaming and imagining she was gliding and flying. That's what she told me anyway. When the competition ended the judges announced the winners. Katie had walked in with her ice skates on.

Judges:

"Welcome, again it is time to call out the winners of the full tournament. It gives us great pleasure to announce third place is..." a drum roll began and the spot light landed on Shiro.
"Shiro Kogane!" He strolled into the ice smiling as he stood on the podium.
"Second place is..." again the drumroll. The spit light landed on me.
"Keith Kogane!" I strolled onto the ice and the judges smiled as Katie had fully walked in applauding me and Shiro. The judges went back to announce first place.
"And it gives us great pleasure to announce first place. This girl hadn't actually signed up for the tournament but she sure was amazing..." the spotlight looked around for the girl. Then it landed on Katie who looked shocked.
"Katie Holt!" Everyone gasped. Even she did. She glided onto the first place podium and smiled.
"You mean that freak from class?" Someone shouted and I saw a tear clinging onto the edges of her eyes. I had to speak up,
"And the girl who saved our life's! Yes that's her!" She smiled at me as we held hands. For once she was taller than me.
"Let's hear it while Katie ice skates." The podium was taken off of the ice and so were me and Shiro. She shrugged and closed her eyes. She began to glide in a circle before spinning quickly. She glided for two seconds and leapt into the air doing the splits and then landing in and arabesque. She skated backwards and obviously felt free. She smiled as she entered the dream like form. She leapt, twirled, landed in arabesques and even did 360 turns, TWICE at once! When she had finished skating she got a massive round of applause. She laughed at herself. I skated on and glided either her for at least ten minutes before getting off. We laughed and joked. I was happy. I had my Katie back, from the dark side. And she had me back, from the gloomy and darker side. I even mentioned that and she just laughed. When I snorted I noticed she laughed even more. It was fun. I enjoyed it more than anything. I would have done anything to keep it like that forever. But it was a in the moment thing...