Chapter fithteen

Finally the lock in the door moved. In came my prince in shining armour. Literally. Lotor was wearing armour and a crown. I had to conceal the laughter that spilled from my lips. I covered my mouth when I chuckled. He bowed to me and I played along. I bowed to him. He clicked his fingers and maids pushed me into my walk in wardrobe. They picked a green knee high dress that would move in the wind. It wasn't a stiff dress it was flowing nicely. It was very comfortable, other than the waist. That was a tad bit tight cause of the corset. They pushed me out and gave me a bag. It was also green.
"Shall we go ice skating, my lady?" He bowed to me and held his hand out for me. I chuckled and curtsied before taking his hand.
"Of course, your highness." We walked out to Matt and Keith. They were waiting impatiently for us. Keith blushed when he saw me in the green dress. My hair was in a bobbled. A few strand had fallen out, but I simple pushed them behind my ears. I wasn't self conscious of my ears anymore. My make up was on. Because who has ever heard of a human with pink markings on her face. We walked to the black car. After we sat down in the, again, very comfortable leather seats I cuddled up to the group. Especially Keith and Matt. Lotor looked jealous. He then spoke up with a proud, leader like voice.
"The ice skating rink is holding a royal ball, me and my family have been invited and allowed to invite guests." Keith scoffed, Matt and me cuddled and smiled. It was kind of him to invite me to ice skate.

Ten minutes later...

We all got out of the car and walked to the ice rink. A lot of royal guests crowded the hallway. Nobody was on the local rink, just the private. I chuckled to myself and smiled. How very curious. Since we were allowed on either rink I decided to go were the crowed wasn't. I didn't tell them I was going the the public rink. They were having too much fun to notice. I stepped onto the freshly cover ice and began to skate. I felt like I was flying, gliding across water of a shimmering calm lake. I felt free as a bird in the wild. I let my troubles go to the edge of my mind as happiness and calmness replaced it. As I felt myself drift into a world of science and ice skating I felt eyes on me. I opened my eyes and nobody was there. I noticed I had leapt into the air and twirled. It felt so good to feel free. My mind was settled. I kept gliding and flying on the ice. I shoot my eyes as I began to imagine I was a free bird or a child drifting into slumber. To be fair I was a child, but I wasn't going to sleep.

Keith POV

I move from the crowd noticing Katie wasn't there. I knew she didn't like large crowds and was probably in a corner. I needed space so I went to the local rink. One person was gliding on the ice lost in what was like a dream. It was Katie, her dress drifted behind her as she leapt into the air. I don't think she noticed but she did the splits in the air. Then leapt again twirling at least four times. That was four times more than I could twirl in the air. I chuckled and hid behind a wall as she looked up mid air opening her eyes. I smiled as she drifted back into her world of ice skating and science. Lotor and a crowd had walked over to see what I was looking at. They saw her. Her hair floating behind her as she softly flew like a bird finally free of a cage. Their jaws hung low as they saw her skate. She could be the skating queen if she wanted to. Maybe a finalist in the skating tournament. They kept quiet as she stopped her fit dragged along the ice to stop her. She opened her eyes quickly. Like she had slept and had a nightmare. She glided swiftly off of the ice and walked to the the private ice rink. I noticed everyone was watching her leaving nobody at the rink. When I saw her in the window she was panicking like she had just lost her family to the stars. She looked up to the glas and sighed in relief. I smiled and so did Lotor and Matt at the side of me.

Lotors POV

I'd walked to Keith to see what he was stein at and it was Katie in a drama like form. Blah blah, covered that bit... Anyway. She smiled at all of us and we signalled for her to ice skate. We weren't stopping her. We had noticed the rest of the group had joined us at the rink. Shiro was on floor level. He had offered her a dance on the rink and she accepted. I saw jealousy in Keith's face. I smirked at that.
"You have a crush on her?" I asked happily looking at him. He turned to me and nodded. I sniggered and ended up cackling. Everyone else joined in, other that Keith's group. Nobody knew what they were laughing at. I turned back to Katie. She and Shiro danced with heart. He lifted her as she was spinning. He placed her down and she glided for two seconds before she leapt. I couldn't watch, she was so brave. I covered my face and so did everyone, except again Keith's group. When I uncovered my eyes I saw Katie but with Keith as a partner for dancing now. Shiro had retreated and Katie didn't know they had swapped, all she know was she spun into the mans arms. Keith lifted her and copied her. Almost, but he didn't do a few tricks she was brace enough to do. I looked at the two dancin happily. It was almost time for the real reason they were there. A certain princesses birthday was today. The girl walked into the rink.
Katie and Keith got off. The princess ran to Katie. Did she know her?

Katie POV

Princess Elizabeth, who was around my age (sixteen) ran up to me and hugged me. I hugged back. It had been two years since I had last seen her. It was her birthday today and I brought a gift for her. It was a necklace. Her favourite colour, pink. The jewel that decorated the necklace was very special. I had made it. We parted the hug and I introduced her to Keith. Everyone came out and yelled surprise. She cried in joy. She looked similar to me. Altean. Her hair was the same length but blond and her eyes were hazel. She was the same height as me, which was small. Her father offered her the first dance on ice, but she didn't know how to skate. We had managed to escape the private rink and go to the still empty local rink. I grabbed her hand and she almost walked onto the ice.
"Lesson one. Let your mind clear. Let yourself feel invisible. Let yourself glide." I said softly as she let herself glide with me.
"Close your eyes," she looked at me and I shut mine. She shut hers. We glided along the ice. It was so easy. Since she was Altean I knew how she felt being different. We glided off of the ice and back to the private. Her father held his hand out bowing and she curtsied and took it pleasurably. They glided and danced well on the ice. The king had slipped a few times but she smiled it off. He was happy his child was enjoying it. I felt happy that I helped  her out. A smile appeared on my face. I was enjoying myself for once. My father and mother had also shown up. Goodie. My dad took my hand and we began to dance. He was a bit stiff until I gave him tips to relax and laugh it off. He smiled as we flew across the ice dancing. I felt joyful. I closed my eyes and my dads hand left mine and a cold hand replaced hit. A smaller hand had grabbed my waist and hand. The nails like a cats claws. Long and retractable. I was lifted ducked and chucked. I felt free from anything. It was a pity we had to get off. The ice was re coated telling us we had to go home. We waved good night as I looked at the time. 2:00 in the morning we were up all night. I'd wasn't weird for me. I never slept well so I stayed up. But I was pretty sleepy so we piled up in the car and five minutes later Bang in front of my house door. Keith and Shiro waved night and Hunk and Lance also waved and headed to their houses on another street. Finally peace. I was in my bed and Keith didn't interrupt me. I soon felt my heavy lids drift closed. I was sleeping, Dreaming, that was the worst think ever...