Chapter Nine: Blood Money

I looked over my gun, sliding the clip out and checking the amount of bullets I had. I already knew the amount but it feel relaxing to check and double check to make sure. I looked at the hooded male in front of me as he shifted on his feet. "You want these four males dead?" I narrowed my eyes as he nodded.

"They are copping on territory that isn't theirs, causing trouble in the neutral zones with their fighting. It needs to end." His voice shook slightly, as if he were wary about me, nervous. I slid the clip back into my gun and holstered the gun.

"It will cost you." Four males in one night was a hefty amount and it carried an even heavier price tag. I didn't work for free and after meeting Quinta's siblings I needed the cash to help her support them.

"We are well aware of the costs." He held out a marks card and I took it, glancing at the number before nodding. "Half now, half when the job is done." I gave a nod and slipped the card into the inside pocket of my motorcycle jacket. "One hangs around Cher-"

I held up my hand, silencing him. "Don't need that." I knew the targets already. I kept tabs on pretty much anyone who caused shit in the territories. It was best to know one's enemies before they even turned into them. I knew every single drug runner, pimp, and bruiser in the city. I knew their rap sheets and I knew their likings and hangouts.

"Don't you want to know?" The male's voice pitched higher and he shifted on his feet a bit more. He was nervous and it was amusing for me any my beast. We weren't entirely dominant, we had our moments but I figured we put off enough of a 'don't fuck with us' vibe that no one wanted to cross us in anyway.

"I already know, amigo. Have had my eye on them for the past few weeks wondering when someone would get me into...clean things up." It was what I did and what I would continue to do. I was a mongrel but unlike the others that lived in this city I had guts and I wouldn't let the elitism stop me from making sure the city was safe for my family. First it had been for Sutton and now I would do the same for Quinta and her siblings. They were a part of my family now too.

I felt a wry smile tug at my mouth as I thought about the explosive passion between us in the library. There was no doubt in my mind that she was meant for me after that. My lips burned for another taste of her sweetness and I shook the thoughts away quickly. I had a job to do and I couldn't get distracted like that. After everything was done I could allow myself those thoughts but right now I had to focus on the targets.

"Where do you want me to leave the rest of your payment?" He swallowed thickly and I turned away from him, walking down the street.

"I'll find you." I lifted a hand and started to slowly jog down the dark streets. My phone buzzed in my pocket and I pulled it out. Loch flashed on the screen and I answered quickly as I looked down the streets before crossing. Too many drunk around to not be careful. "Where are you? Shits gunna start and I thought you would like some pureblood fur coats." Ginessa's voice was slightly snappish and I grinned.

"I'm on my way." I had told her about the location of her latest request and she was more than likely outside of Cherry waiting to get him.

"Look, Casanova, I'm not going to wait for you." I could hear the edge of eager anticipation in her voice, she always got giddy when she took down someone on her list.

"Never expected you too. Just leave a male named Grigory Valdofnic for me to deal with." I could deal with him myself. He was inconsequential to her and so I knew she wouldn't care about leaving him alive for me to take care of.

"What does he look like?" There was a bland tone to her voice that told me she was bored with my request. Some things never changed and I doubted ever Ginessa would.