Chapter Eleven: Part Two: Hard Words

My phone ringing pulled me out of my sombre thoughts and I walked over to the kitchen counter and picked it up. Ginessa's number was on the screen and I quickly answered it. I was feeling highly agitated and I knew my beast was feeling even more so. If Ginessa was calling then that meant we had a job to do.

"Get your sweet sugar ass outside!" At her rather excited tone I rolled my eyes but moved towards the door. I couldn't stand to be in the apartment anyway. I needed to get out.

"Why?" Just because I was doing what she said it didn't mean I would be entirely without my mouth.

"I'm taking you to the strippers, bitch!" There was an edge of glee to her voice that had me balking slightly. I wasn't entirely sure about that but Ginessa never did something like that without reason. "So get your ass down to the car." There was a playful growl to her voice that let me know she had been drinking.

"Why?" I shoved open the apartment door and stepped out into the hallway before locking it up.

"Because its fun. Duh." Her logic made me roll my eyes as I headed for the elevator knowing Quinta was more than likely taking the kids down the stairs. My lip curled up slightly at the thought of her and the kids so I shoved it away completely as I stepped into the elevator. I pressed the main floor button, ignoring the doors as they closed My beast did not like the confinement but he knew better than to test me in regards to it.

"Still doesn't give me a reason to come with." I watched as the numbers flashed lower and lower as the elevator dinged softly at each one.

"I can hear the elevator dinging. You are just being a wet blanket now." She made a noise of disgust in her throat. "I'm parked out front, Hunky McHunkHunk." She didn't say anything else as she hung up and I slid my phone back into my pocket, stuffing my hands into my jacket pockets too. I tapped my foot with slight agitation as my beast's anxiousness started to grow worse at the confined space.

I did my best to push it away but when the door dinged for the lobby I didn't hesitate to exit the steel box quickly. The lobby was almost empty and I strode towards the front doors. I could see Ginessa leaning against a sleek black car and dressed in a tight red dress that had more than a few males leering at her. I pushed through the doors and she flashed a sparkling grin my way as she pressed her hands to her hips.

"I knew my booboo wouldn't let me down." She sauntered towards me, grasping my jacket and tugging me close. "These mother fuckers are a serious buzzkill when I want to get shit done on the DL." She said it low and close to my ear as she jerked her head at her guards. I gave a short nod and she gave a happy but slightly maniacal smile as she stepped away in her stilettos before pulling me towards the car. She stopped once we reached it and looked at me expectantly and I rolled my eyes before I opened the door for her. She tapped my cheek with a chuckle. "Such a gentleman." She slid into the back and I looked around. I caught sight of Quinta's wild curls and narrowed my eyes before I turned my back on her and got into the car beside Ginessa.

I closed the door firmly and the back of her small hand slapped my chest. "Easy on the car." There was an edge to her voice and I shook my head slightly at her as she poked her head between the two front seats. "Take us to Precious." I wanted to protest the location but bit my tongue. The brothel was in Octavia's territory but Ginessa didn't seem too bothered by that.

Her guards said nothing but the car started moving. I leaned back in my seat as Ginessa did the same. I looked over at the literal mankiller. She threw me a wide grin that had alarm bells going off in my head. "What has you so excited?" She usually only got that excited because she was getting ready to kill one of the males on her list.

"I've found Vincenzo Duralli. He left his pickings ar Cherry for Precious a few weeks ago. That's why we couldn't track him down." She looked at me and I nodded. He had given us the slip and I knew it irked Ginessa greatly. "He has a few favourite girls. I'm using you to get some info." She pulled out a marks card from the top of her dress and held it out for me. I gave a small nod and took it. It seemed simple and straightforward for me to do. I ignored the flashing on the card as I tucked it into my pocket, I didn't need to know the amount she just gave me. "If I am really lucky he will show up." She looked positively and violently eager at the prospect and I felt my mouth twitch upwards at the almost childlike glee she was exuding. Vincenzo had been on her list for a very long time.