Chapter Fifteen: Humorous Encounters

I watched as the two females embraced again. I had been shocked and then amused that the two not only knew each other but had a deep and lasting friendship that bordered on sisterhood. I was relieved they got along because I had anxiety eating away at my stomach at the thought that they would be at odds. I didn't want Quinta to feel jealous of my time with Sutton and to lash out at her for it. I was just thankful that there would be none of that and I would have to pretty much pry them apart.

"I'll miss you." Sutton's words warbled as she slowly let Quinta go and my heart lurched in my chest. I didn't want her to feel sad and I hated that she was lonely out in the woods. I made a mental note to ask Quinta if we could take the kids out camping in this particular area. I knew Sutton would appreciate the company it would bring and the kids would love the adventure.

"I'll miss you too but don't be a stranger. Come and see us as well." Quinta turned her head to smile at me. "We should have the house ready and lived in by then." She turned back to Sutton who gave a quick nod.

A house with my female. It was a thought that didn't seem real but it was. Quinta and I were going to be living together with the kids, as a family. It satisfied something deep inside me to have my life in order like that. It was like I had fulfilled my life's purpose, to provide safety and shelter for my female. It didn't matter that Madame Lao had bought us the house herself and I hadn't been able to give any money to help, what mattered was that my familia would be safe.

"We should go, bonita." I moved closer, wondering if I would need to pry them apart before Sutton let Quinta go and hugged me tightly. I felt the corner of my lip tug up before I hugged her back, holding her close and giving her the affection she needed.

"Promise to come visit me?" Sutton pulled her face from my chest and I nodded immediately.

"Need to come out here to find some good caves." I made a caveman grunt and Sutton's mouth dropped open in horror before she swatted at me with a heavy hand that I easily dodged.

Her face reddened with anger, as did the tips of her ears. "If he takes you to a cave, Quinta, beat his ass!" Sutton shoved me away with a sound of disgust and I chuckled as Quinta gave a sharp salute before grinning at me.

"I will gladly do so." At her teasing tone I pointed between the two females.

"Hey now. No ganging up on me." I hadn't thought about that aspect of them liking each other. I had a feeling Ajax and I would spend a lot of time at the end of their attitudes and ideas.

"Its too late for that now." Sutton glowered at me before shooing me towards the door.

"Want us gone so soon?" I refused to move until she started physically pushing me and I grinned when she started grunting as she shoved at me.

"Just you, Quinta can stay." She managed to shove me all the way to the front door and I turned, nearly unbalancing her completely. I steadied her first before pressing my hand to my chest in mock aghast.

"I am offended, princess." I deliberately made my tone a tad nasally and she sniffed in my direction before moving back towards Quinta.

"You should be." She hugged Quinta once more and I headed outside knowing that if I didn't then they would continue to drag out their goodbyes. I looked towards the trees, feeling at peace with myself and the world. I had my female and my familia. We would be moving into a secure place that had lots of room for us to grow. Perhaps one day Quinta and I would add to our little brood. I liked that thought.

After Isabelle I never thought much about babies but with Quinta right there all I wanted was to create a life with her that we could hold in our arms. I knew the baby would be perfect regardless, especially with Quinta as their mother. Who wouldn't be when they shared blood with her?