Chapter Sixteen: Bedroom Hymns

I watched Miles as he boxed up some of the dishes in his kitchen, wrapping them tightly in several layers of newspaper. I found myself admiring the way his hands worked. He was such a tough guy, but the way he handled the delicate glassware was intriguing, careful not to break it. I found myself fixating on his hands, they were so big. I could still remember the way they felt on my body when we had kissed. I wanted to feel them again, but this time without clothes. I wanted skin to skin contact.

My beast let out a low rumble at the direction of my thoughts, liking where they were headed. She had wanted to rub herself all over our male, cover him in our scent, since the moment we had met him. Likewise, she wanted him to cover us in his scent. I had been fighting and denying my response to him for a while, but now there was no reason. We had both accepted each other as mates, even if we had yet to fully claim one another.

I bit into my lip and pressed my thighs together as the hunger for him grew. This was my male, and he was everything I could have hoped for. He was strong, a survivor. My beast was a pleased as I was that this was who we'd be spending our lives with. Not only did he accept me the way that I was, even the parts of me that I had trouble accepting but he accepted my siblings. He had taken them in off the streets and provided for them, gave them a firm but loving male to look too.

I couldn't help the joy I felt at the that thought that Miles would be the last male that I would ever give my body to. I would never smell or feel another male on me in that way. I wouldn't have to spend hours scrubbing myself clean after a long night of work. I had been freed from that world. This future had only ever been a dream to me. Now it was real, so real I could reach out and touch it. I was practically vibrating with excitement and happiness. The world that had been so dark before was not shining with a thousand different possibilities and opportunities, all because of my male. He was my very own piece of heaven.

Miles looked over in my direction, one side of his mouth curving upward into a dangerous smirk, "Do you plan on helping me pack, bonita? Or are you just going to stand there and watch me?"

I blushed at having been caught, forcing myself to hold his gaze. I smiled back at him, "I don't mind watching. You're very pretty." I teased, trying to relax.

"I know that, bonita, I was just wondering if you saw something you liked." He quirked his eyebrow at me and I felt a slight heat enter my cheeks as my gaze skittered away.

"So packing the dishes?" I slowly moved closer, needing to keep my mind off him and how he made me feel. I grabbed a box, shifting it to the side as I grabbed a dish and some newspaper.

"Yes. Packing the dishes before your mama slaps me with her slipper." His tone was teasing and I felt my own mouth quirk up slightly but I fought it down.

"You would deserve it." I muttered the words out. He would deserve it for laughing at the stupid dildo story. I was so fucking embarrassed about it. I had no idea such a prank would backfire so badly on me.

He moved closer to me and I became aware of his presence. "What was that, Quinta? You want me to be reprimanded?" His words were low and a smile tugged up my mouth and I fought hard to keep it off my face as I nodded. "You are a cruel female, throwing me to your mama like that." He tsked at me and I glanced up towards him, more than amused at his pained expression.

I gave a slow shrug. "Mama does as mama wants." And if she wanted to slap him around with her slipper I would find her the stiff soled pair. Sometimes he was too cocky and I knew that would help adjust his attitude and get him back for making me continually red.

"You wouldn't put in one good word for me?" He reached out, his hand sliding across my lower back. I jolted slightly at the contact but couldn't hide my grin.