5 ♫ the connection

♫ Present

♫ Demi/Isabella

I watched her that night on the t

I watched her that night on the t.v. after she texted me ordering me to drop whatever she thought I was doing to watch her. I was already sitting in the cinema room by myself waiting for it to air. My heart was overflowing with love for my little girl and I could see when I logged on to my twitter and Instagram that people loved her already. #RoryIsTheNewDemi was the top hashtag and I laughed.

Today was the first day for mentoring after a few more days of auditions and I had a great line up of talent. But my secret weapon was Rory and she was a threat to every single other person in this years completion. The camera crew who were following me and my crew arrived early to set up then my doorbell rang so I ran to answer it. "Rory?"

"Hi." She whispered shyly and I smiled at her widely. "I am really early."

"No, not at all." I corrected her as I looked at the time on my iPhone seeing she was only 20 minutes early and I opened the door widely. "Come on in, make yourself home." She walked in shyly and I smiled at how cute she was.

"You live in this big house alone?" Rory whispered as she turned around to face me after I shut the door and I nodded.

"I am hardly here but." I answered her with a honest laugh as I directed her to the room we were setting up in. "Hey guys, this is Rory. Rory, this is our camera crew." I introduced her to the crew and she smiled shyly after they got back to setting up.

"I feel so nervous." Rory whispered and I smiled at her. "Did you see how many fans I have?" I put my iPhone up with a giggle.

"How could I miss that hashtag going about you being the new me!" I exclaimed as I nudged her gently with a laugh but she frowned.

"I am sorry if that joke-"

"No! No, Rory!" I laughed again as I tried to reassure it was all good. "I actually think it is quite amazing that you have so much talent." She looked down shyly and I gently used my index finger to put her head up to face me. "Rory, you have to believe me. You have such an amazing voice and you shouldn't feel bad to be better than somebody else for being your best." She finally smiled at me without the shyness and I smiled back at her. "Good girl."

I stood in front of my team which had 7 girls and 3 boys in it. "We have 10 weeks where each week someone leaves in each group with public votes plus the judges." I explained as the cameras filmed and the team looked at me with content. "We will be tough so don't be thinking I will choose someone in my team just because. You have to do well every time you get on that stage."

♫ Rory ♫

I sat there just admiring Demi and focusing on her clothing style. My god. She was a goddess. I looked around my team and didn't seem to notice till now that Cora was in my group. I had to talk to her after the team meeting ended. "Any questions?" Demi asked and we all shook our heads no. "Great! I will see you in the kitchen for lunch but for now, get to know the team and I will back." I quickly pulled Cora aside with a smile and she returned it.