7 ♫ choked up

♫ Present

♫ Demi/Isabella

I sat there holding my iPhone knowing Rory was desperate to hear from me and I sighed. I was feeling so upset that Taylor was dying but I couldn't really show how much pain I was in especially when I am meant to Demi Lovato. I dialed Taylor and she answered.

"Demi.."

"Oh Taylor, I feel so bad." I whimpered into the phone nearly choking up on my tears and I heard her sniffing on the other side.

"I know you can't be there for me, I know sweetie." Taylor whispered softly and I sighed as I wiped my eyes. "Please don't cry."

"We are best friends and I have been the worst one." I whispered through the phone with a sob. "I am the worst person lately, I haven't even spoken to Rory as her Mother because I have just been too busy lying to her."

"Demi.." Taylor cooed through the phone to me and I sobbed quietly. "Listen here, you are doing the best you can and I know you will always do the best you can."

"It isn't fair!" I punched the make up table hard because I was so mad at myself. "I don't want this life anymore, Taylor."

"No." Taylor whispered as I cried silently. "You can't just quit because I am dying!"

"That isn't why, Tay." I cried into the phone as my attention looked over to a picture of Rory and me. "It's because of Rory. She deserves better than this."

"And what the hell are you going to tell her, hey?" Taylor whispered through the phone sounding disappointed. "I am not really Isabella Stevens, I am Demi Lovato but you know.. I am still your Mother sweetie but I just had a whole life hidden away from you."

"Taylor, shut up." I yelled angrily suddenly and I instantly regretted it.

"You aren't just going to wreck your life... You will wreck mine!" Taylor whispered tiredly. "I had a secret life too, remember? How would I explain why I knew about yours without exposing mine?" I sat there holding the phone to my ear and I heard her heavy shallow breathing due to her sickness. "Please, Demi. Rory and Sophia do not need to know, ever!"

"They will find out eventually, Taylor!" I finally spoke and looked out the window in the darkness. "Won't it be better coming from us?"

"No!" Taylor spoke sounding desperate and weak. "We have spent almost 15 years building this life for them and I am not about to give up because you want to throw the towel in."

"I am done with the lies, Taylor!" I whimpered and heard her start to sound wheezy.

"Well, I am not." Taylor spoke slowly and I suddenly got concern. "And I refu-" Suddenly her soft got too soft to hear and my eyes widen.

"Taylor?" I yelled through the phone and I heard her struggling to breath. "No.. TAYLOR?"

"It's over." Taylor whispered barely audible and I hung up then texted Sophia to check on Taylor because I couldn't get in touch with her. I sat on the bed sobbing hard into the pillow realizing there was a high possibility that my last conversation with my best friend was an argument. I shook my head and my phone rang.

"Hello?" I quickly answered and Sophia was crying on the other end of the phone. "Oh my god, she's gone."

"Rory and I will meet you at the hospital." Sophia cried into the phone then hung up on me and I held the phone shakily then Britney walked in.

"It's Britney, B*tch." She stated with amusement then she stopped to stare at my face. "Oh my god, Demi what is going on?" I stood up and quickly grabbed my stuff.

"I am quitting!" I screamed as Britney tried to grab my hands. "I am leaving!"

"Demi, wait!" Britney pushed me onto the bed and held me down as I broke down in tears. "Honey, honey relax. We will sort this out, okay?"

"You can't sort this out, Britney." I spat out as I looked into her brown eyes who looked shocked. "You can't fix this."

"Let me try.." Britney whispered as she loosen her grip on my wrists but weren't letting them go. "Please.. Are you relapsing?"

"No." I shook my head as tears rolled down my eyes faster and faster. I looked away from Britney's gaze and heard her sigh. "I need to go so just let me go."

"No!"

"What the hell is going on here, ladies?" Simon now walked in and pushed Britney off me. I quickly sat up and Britney shrugged her shoulders. "What happened to going out for drinks?"

"Drinks?" I stuttered out as I wiped my eyes with the sleeves of my jumper and Simon nodded as he folded his arms across his chest.

"She isn't right.." Britney whispered to Simon and I looked at them.

"My best friend has just died." I spat out and both of them looked confused. "My best friend's daughter and my daughter are going to need me." Both of their faces looked even more shocked.

"Daughter?" Simon choked out and Britney rolled her eyes.

"Told you that she isn't right." Britney muttered and I rolled my eyes as my phone rang. It was Rory so I quickly answered.

"Rory, sweetie?" I mustered up a fake smile and heard her sniffles.

"Mama, I need you now so please just come back from that stupid business trip already." Rory sounded so angry and bitter. "I don't get you.. You never answered me when I told you-"

"I will be there as soon as I can, sweetie." I interrupted seeing Simon and Britney who looked impatient and confused. She then hung up on me and I looked over at them.

"Rory is your daughter?" Simon whispered and I looked away as tears rolled down my eyes. 

"Rory Stevens is her daughter." Britney confirmed softly and she walked over towards me but I took a few steps back away from me. "Demi, she doesn't know by the way that conversation went." I looked away because my secret was out.. Exposed into the sun.

"Say something, Demetria." Simon whispered and I looked back at them. "Say what we don't want to hear."

"Rory is my daughter.. I have been lying to her about my real life and I feel like sh*t about it so please do not give me a hard time." I whispered as tears rolled down my eyes. "I did it to protect her from what happened to me." Simon's face softened and so did Britney's. "I need to go." They both nodded then walked out leaving me alone again. I fell back onto the bed and sobbed into my hands. I am so sorry Rory and Sophia, we are so very sorry.