20 ♫ old VHS tapes

♫ Rory

♫ Present

I found my way around the house as Maddie and Noah prepared movies for us to watch. I told them I needed to go to the toilet but instead I found myself at the door of Demi's childhood room. I slowly opened the door quietly and went inside closing the door behind me with a sigh. Why was I in her room? Because she wasn't so keen for me to go in her old childhood room.. She said it had some bad memories and would rather I explore the other parts when I felt like exploring. I turned the light on but it didn't turn on.. It didn't seem like grandma and Eddie even let themselves into her room respecting her wishes, I guess. My eyes laid to the mattress and noticed a few blood stains on it. Ew. I let my fingers run across the wall paint softly as I walked to the desk in her room. I noticed pictures of herself singing and herself with her friends. I sat on the wooden chair that she had and looked through the yearbook that was left there. Not much in a yearbook if you didn't know the people.. My eyes then found themselves staring at a rusted razor and I picked it up being careful. My eyes widen seeing some dried blood on it and I remembered that Demi mentioned that she used to self harm in interviews when she was questioned about the tattoos on her arms. I sighed as I remembered looking at my mama's arms and not seeing those tattoos.. Guess she covered them up. I placed the razor back down and saw that she still had a old TV set and it included a VHS. I walked over to it and saw a box that was labeled memories. I opened the box and saw some VHS tapes unlabeled. I turned on to the TV and it turned on.. I picked up one VHS tape and put it into the VHS. I sat back leaning my back onto the bed and pressed play with a sigh as my mama appeared on the screen. She was with her old best friend, Selena. I remembered her from a long time ago. I watched them film themselves being silly and laughing. It was cute. It reminded me of Sophia and myself when we used to film ourselves on the photo booth on my old apple laptop. I sighed as I just watched the video silently and heard someone calling my name but I ignored it as my main focus was on watching her. It finished and I popped in another VHS tape then it was Demi as a child.

 It finished and I popped in another VHS tape then it was Demi as a child

♫ Demi

I decided to keep Sophia on life support until her side of the family could say good bye and maybe if Dallas wakes up so she can say good bye too. I walked to Dallas' room and saw mama holding her hand quietly singing to her. Yeah, I got my talent from my mama who is a bit more secretive about her talent. I quietly sat next to mama and rested my head on her shoulder. "Sophia's family is coming down tonight to say their good byes and then tomorrow... I think."

"How are you doing?" Mama whispered as I rested my hand on Dallas' leg and gently rubbed her leg.

"I am just trying to deal with things the best I can without resulting to the blade." I admitted softly and felt mama's hand rest on my arm. "I sat with Sophia as I called her family and it really helped me because I felt her presence.. It was almost like she was soothing me through this even though she is gone."

"It's her spirit."

"Whatever it was.." I whispered softly as I looked at Dallas' face who didn't have so much machines connected to her like Sophia. "I still feel her here with me."