26 ♫ before it was too late

♫ Rory

♫ Present

I sat there staring at our picture of Sophia, Maddie & myself from a while back. It wasn't fair that we had to let her go like this and I was left here to handle this revelation on my own. "Rory?" I looked up at Demi who was holding a bowl of lucky charms. She offered the bowl to me but I looked away and she sighed. "You didn't eat dinner.."  

"So?" I whispered as I traced my finger along the photo frame as I waited for Demi to go on

"So it isn't healthy.." Demi replied back as she placed the bowl on the dining room table and sat with hers in the other lounge. "I didn't give you much so please eat some of it."

"Don't tell me what to do." I muttered then pushed the bowl away and looked away again as she sighed again. 

"This isn't up for debate." Demi stated gently but sternly as I looked over at her. "You eat this or you will not go to the hospital." I stood up, grabbed the bowl and walked myself to the sink then chucked it all in the bin as Demi watched gob-smacked.

"You do not get to tell me I can't see Sophia because..." I couldn't finished the sentence as tears fell down my eyes and I looked at Demi who was now watching me. 

"You should of eaten your breakfast." Demi whispered gently as she placed her bowl down with a sigh.

"You should of been honest from the start." I mimicked her voice but making it extra annoying to show her how annoyed I am. I wiped my eyes angrily as she nodded.

"Yep, we have already accomplished that fact." Demi answered back as she sat on the bench seat and I looked away. "We can go around in circles in why you should eat your breakfast and why I should of been honest from the start but really, Rory? Is this really going to accomplish anything?" I stood there with my mouth closed staring out the window as she looked at me with a gentle stare. "If you won't eat the cereal, can you at least eat a piece of fruit or even cookie dough will do."

"Not if it pleases you." I muttered under my breath as I still stared out the window then Maddie walked in.

"Morning to my favorite niece and to my complicated sister." Maddie had tried to make the whole scene less tense but it didn't work as I folded my arms and Demi sighed.

"Fine Rory." She stormed away and I slowly looked at Maddie as she slowly twisted the orange juice lid off.

"Jeez, come on. Can't we at least pretend she didn't lie so we could eat breakfast?" Maddie whispered softly as she directed to both of us. I shrugged my shoulders as I grabbed my iPhone and lied back onto the lounge.

We drove in silent to the hospital as I rested my head on Maddie's shoulder as she strolled though loads of selfies and pictures with Sophia. "She is so gorgeous." I whispered to Maddie who nodded her head to agree. "I wonder how she must be feeling at the moment."