29 ♫ same person

♫ Demi

♫ Present

Mama held me until I calmed down and we sat together on the lounge in the office. "One thing I know Demi, is that Rory is not broken." Mama whispered gently as she gave me some tissues and I wiped my eyes. "She is just grieving over the loss of her best friend who she just found out was her half sister after finding out that her Mama wasn't the person she thought she was."

"Mama, she is so mad at me." I cried out softly as tears slowed down and Mama sighed out as her grip of me tightened. "She hasn't called me.. Mama since that night."

"It doesn't mean anything.." Mama cooed out as she kissed my forehead and I shook my head.

"It means EVERYTHING to me."

"I am sorry that you are feeling like that." She whispered back after a short silence. "Have you.. Consider calling the hospital for that support?" I looked up at Mama then took the number out of my pocket.

"I know I really should do it asap but.." I trailed off as my eyes gazed to the window as I heard a car engine then it sped off. I looked up at Mama with curiosity as her face showed that she was worried. "That sounded like one of our cars?"

 ♫ Rory

"What can I do to make this easier, Rory?" Noah spoke again as my eyes gazed up to her worried blue eyes then my eyes gazed to her car keys that was laying on top of the glass table. Her eyes gazed to the keys too and she looked back down at me. "Want to get out of here for a bit?" I stood up and grabbed the keys. I walked back inside to get the front door and she followed quietly behind me then once we were outside in front of her car. I placed the keys in her hand and she sighed as she clicked the unlock button. "You need to speak to tell me where to go.." She stated out as we both got in and my eyes gazed to her navigator system. "Rory?" She started the car and I quickly typed in the address. She didn't seem to recognized the address which I was glad since I didn't want her to back out until it was too late too. We drove in complete silence letting the navigator talk us to.. "Are you kidding me? We are at Demi's house?" I looked at her widen blue eyes with a shy smile and she shook her head. "We shouldn't-" It was too late as I took my seat belt off and got out quickly as she shut down her car then quickly followed behind me to the gate. "And how the heck do you think we will get in?" I smiled with amusement as I typed in my birth year into the code pad and it slowly opened as Noah's eyes widen. "Well.. I was always told to not use birth years since they were too easily guessed." I walked up the driveway as Noah followed and the gate closed by itself. "I know you are her daughter but do you think it is okay we are here?"

"Probably not." I whispered softly as I reached the door and Noah looked at me shocked that I spoke. "Yeah I spoke.."

"Okay, that it's okay but I am shocked we are here doing this." I folded my arms and looked at her with attitude. "What are we even doing here, Rory?"

"There has to be things hidden here." I replied back as I uncrossed my arms and took something out of my pocket that made Noah's eyes widen even more.

"You even went as far as stealing the goddamn key!" She threw her arms up with shock and I laughed a little as I unlocked the door and let it open back. 

"Welcome to Demi Lovato's house." I whispered and she nodded as she had been here before.. "We probably don't have much time when they realize I am gone."

"Understood." Noah agreed as walked around a little and then turned back around. "If I were to hide anything.. It would be in the basement."

"You are onto something, dear Noah." I replied back with a smirk then walked around quickly to find an entry to the basement. 

"I found it." Noah's voice was heard from the other side of the house and I ran to find her. I found her staring up at the roof where she had put down a ladder. "Here's the entry."

"Well.. I didn't expect this." I whispered pointed to the old ladder with concerns running through my head. 

"If you are desperate enough to steal her key, I think you can climb that ladder." Noah stated as she crossed her arms and I looked at her with a sigh.

"I am not scared of going up there but I am worried that this ladder hasn't been used since.."

"You were a baby?" Noah finished with a questioning tone and I nodded. "I guess you might be right though.." Noah whispered as she touched the old ladder and a bit of wood came off her hand. I shook my head and walked away with a sigh. "Rory.." I stopped and she came over then stood in front of me. "What are you trying to find exactly?" My shoulders shrugged after a short silence. 

"I just want to know if she is the same person at all?"

"You can't possibly think she has changed completely into a different person.. It isn't possible?" Noah whispered with concern and I sighed.

"It isn't impossible either."

  ♫ 

I found myself in the cinema room watching Noah walk around aimlessly through the three rows until she fell down. I laughed as she sat up and then my attention went to the box that tripped her. "Is those more VHS tapes?"

"Seems so." Noah replied back as I sat in front of us leaving the box to separate us and I picked one up.

"My baby Sophia." I read the label off it and looked up at Noah who nodded as I handed her the VHS tape. "Play this please." She put it into the VHS player that was next to her then I moved the box and leaned into her as the video played. 

  ♫ Demi

  ♫ Demi

I ran into my house hearing baby noises and realization hit me that they found themselves in my cinema room watching Sophia as a baby. I walked into the cinema room and saw Noah holding my Rory in her arms. The video stopped playing and I now could hear Rory softly crying. I walked further in to make them know I was here. "Hi." I whispered softly as Noah looked up with a sad smile but Rory ignored me. "Noah, could I talk to Rory by ourselves?" Noah looked down at Rory then nodded. She stood up and walked outside of the cinema room then my attention went back down at Rory. "We need to talk."

  ♫