17 ♫ x factor family

♫ Rory

♫ Present

"Hot chocolate, my ladies." Simon handed Noah and I the hot chocolate as Noah stood up.

"I have to call my father." Noah whispered as she showed us her phone then walked outside to make the call as Simon took the seat next to me.

"Why are you here?" I whispered then took a sip of my hot chocolate and Simon looked at me.

"I am here to give Demi and you support during this tough time." Simon whispered and I looked away from his gaze with a sigh hearing her name which makes me mad again. "I am your uncle.. Well, not biologically but it doesn't matter."

"What gives you that right to call yourself my uncle, hey?" I questioned rudely as I looked back at him and he sat there with a smile.

"Well.." Simon sighed after that and sat up a little. "I met you when you were only a little girl when she tried out for x factor." It was my turn to sigh but it was out of annoyance. "Thought you were her cousin.. I didn't think much of it until I found out a few weeks ago about you. Trust me I had no clue."

"Still doesn't answer my question, Simon." I muttered angrily then took an another sip of the hot chocolate which really was terrible but I needed something to help calm my nerves.

"Well-"

"Stop starting your sentences with well, my god." I interrupted him and he nodded.

"I found you hiding behind a drum kit at the end of one of the Sunday live shows and you were pretty upset because you seemed to be hiding from somebody.. I decided to take you back to Demi and she smiled to me as she took you into her arms." I explained as the memory filled my head.

♫ Past

"She is my cousin."

"She is?" I replied as I scratched my head as the little girl kissed Demi's face and she nodded.

"Her name is Charley." Demi said as the little Charley laid her head into Demi's neck. "My auntie should be looking after her.." She walked past me to find her auntie then turned around. "Thanks for looking out for my family."

"The x factor family looks after each and every person that enters this arena like they are family." I whispered softly to Demi and she smiled as Charley waved to me.

"Tell uncle Simon bye-bye." Demi whispered into Charley's ear and Charley waved.

"Ba-ba." I smiled as Charley attempted to say bye and I waved too.

"And I will see you on that stage soon." I whispered to Demi and she nodded then walked away with Charley.

" I whispered to Demi and she nodded then walked away with Charley

♫ Present

"I watched Demi that night sing and found a new respect for her." I explained to Rory who now was focusing on the empty cup of hot chocolate. "She wasn't one of my favorites because she seemed so heartless when I met her but when I saw her with you.. She was different with you and I found a new respect for her."

"Okay but it doesn't mean you should call yourself my uncle." Rory whispered annoyed as she placed the empty hot chocolate cup on the table as Noah walked back in with a sad smile.

"My sister, Miley is coming to pick me up." She announced and I sighed annoyed at that. "It's just I can't stay because-"

"I get it." I interrupted her as Simon watched us interact. "I will be fine, love." She nodded and looked at Simon.

"Please look after her for me.." Noah whispered to Simon and he nodded with a smile. "Oh and thanks for the hot chocolate."

"It's okay." Simon replied back with a smile and Noah gave me a kiss then walked outside to find Miley. I sighed and looked at Simon who pointed to his cup. "It wasn't that good, was it?" I slowly shook my head and he sat back again. I did the same and after a while placed my head on to his shoulder. I watched the doors that the doctor should walk through in with a slow sigh.

♫ Demi

"Simon is really good with her.." Britney whispered as I turned my attention to Rory and Simon who were chatting away as Rory rested her head on his shoulder.

"That is what the x factor family is for." I whispered as I looked down at my phone at the group chat I created for my family so I didn't have to individually call or text them. Mama, Maddie [who is mad too for the fact we changed her name.] and Eddie will fly over tomorrow morning to get here as soon as they can. I sighed as Britney took my phone and placed it in her pocket.

"Take a break." She whispered softly and I nodded. "They know now and there isn't much for you to say over the phone, is there?" I nodded again and she passed me the water that Simon got me. I took a few slow sips as my attention went back to my little girl who still hasn't looked or talked to me. She seemed to be falling asleep finally and I was glad because at least then she was at peace.. "Stop watching her."

"What?" I looked up at Britney who winked.

"She isn't going anywhere so let your eyes rest." I shook my head as I grabbed one of the child books that Britney was reading then my attention went to that little girl Charlotte and her family. No one had come out for them and her mother looked so tired. I stood up and walked over to them.

"Do you want me to take Charlotte to grab some dinner?" I whispered to the mother who looked down at Charlotte who was holding her stomach like she wanted to eat.

"She told me you were Demi Lovato." The mother whispered softly and I smiled at her.

"Yeah.. I am Demi." I admitted softly but she didn't seem to care as she looked down to Charlotte who was shyly watching us and she nodded to Charlotte.

"Go with Demi now." She whispered then fished through her purse while holding the baby but I softly held her hand to stop her.

"Let me pay.." I whispered and her eyes widen in shock. "It would be my pleasure to pay for her dinner and yours if you wanted something. I can bring it back up here with us."

"Oh Demi." The lady whispered as she held the baby's head and tears formed in her eyes. "You really do not have to do that.. You are here waiting for some news too."

"Yeah but you look so tired and I need to distract myself as well so please let me do this for you." She finally agreed and I put my hand out for little Charlotte who happily placed her hand onto my grip. We slowly and quietly walked down the hall to the food court which only had a few people there eating. "What do you want, sweetheart?"

"Mac n cheese?" She whispered as my eyes gazed to the mac n cheese and I nodded. "Apple juice too puh-lease Miss Demi."

"Yes missy moo." I swung our arms as we stood in the short line and I looked down at her quickly. "What would your Momma like?"

"Momma loves sushi but said it is too expensive for her to get all the time like mac n cheese." I laughed softly as we got to the front.

"Well, today I am shouting and you both get your favorites." I saw a big smile form onto that little girl's face as I ordered her food and my food for my x factor family. I handed her the bag of drinks and I held the two bags of food then we walked back to the waiting food.

"It's time for dinner." Charlotte announced as we cleared the table and Charlotte's mother smiled at me as she placed the little baby boy in his stroller. I looked over at Simon who still had a sleeping Rory on his shoulder and I shook his head to tell him to let her sleep. He nodded and I looked back at everybody else.

"Enjoy." I whispered as I sat next to Britney as she opened up our share of food with happiness. She offered me a plate but I shook my head.

"I will eat when I know my sister and other daughter is okay." I whispered softly then watched Charlotte and her mother eat their favorite food. At least I did a good deed but it wasn't going to make up for what I have done.